Sign in to follow this  
crazyaboutcoues

Burro Mountains Unit 23

Four of our group applied individually and 2 were drawn. There is a lot of potential for this unit but I believe poaching is still a major problem here from what I know of several locals that live in the Burro's. I'll let you know how they did.

Couestaxi:

You'll let us know how the poachers did? j/k

I put in for the Burros first choice, but drew 2b second choice. Hope your friends find some nice bucks.

Doug/Red Rabbit

I put in for that Hunt this year for my first choice and 27 for my second but no luck.. Hopefully next year i will get drawn and be that Client.

Congrats

Jason

Hey guys, the 03-04 draw statistics are out on the NMG&F website. If you didn't draw the Burro's rifle tag don't feel bad, you're not alone. You and 439 other people were unsuccessful in the draw. Can NMG&F say bonus point system? ;)

Crazy, I've been applying for 23 and 27 for the past several seasons as well, thanks for the report...I would be a potential client for you as well if drawn, thanks..

Guest gonhntn

I will be hunting the burros this January. I will need some advice on if any of you are willing to share. I am an avid archer and have harvested many pope and young muleys. I am now ready to take on the challenge of trying to harvest a coues deer with my bow. I don't know the area well, so if any of you are willing to help I would greatly appreciate it. I am interested in the area south of the hiway. I believe that this may be a sleeper area since everyone hunts the homestead area. The area I am refering to is near Lordsburg south of white signal. What do you think? I'll probabaly be in a treestand or blind. What stratagies can you help me with and has anyone hunted the area lately? Thanks, gonhntn

Guest gonhntn

What do you think? Of course, I am an archer who has harvested many book bucks. Do you really think that I would be on this chat advertising that I will be hunting the burro mountain range and not know that it is a special draw unit. You really need to reflect on that one. Gonhntn

Hmmm... Let me reflect... Okay I am done....

Calm down there Killer... Your post never mentioned that you drew a tag...

I was helping a buddy hunt that very area during the youth hunt and it is some nice country.

Good luck.... I hope you get another book buck...

and yes we all know that you have harvested "many book bucks" given the chance you always mention it... P&Y, B&C or book of Poaching...

j-dawg

GonHntn - E-mail mail me and I will point you into a few spots to check out that held good bucks on the fall hunt. trailsendart@msn.com

Greg

Has anyone heard how the archery season in the Burros went? I don't know but one guy that hunted it and he only hunted the first weekend with no luck. I'd like to hear if anyone was successful.

Thanks,

Kevin