Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Took a day trip

I took a day trip to set out one of my cameras. I was on a mountain and spotted a couple does about 300 yards out. I only got to about 250 yards when te 15 other deer spotted my. I was able to get a few pics of the biggest buck I have ever laid eyes on. As I stated the pics are from about 250 yards out and do him no justice at all. I dont know what happened to the order I put the pics in, but oh well enjoy.

post-3620-1273699065.jpg

post-3620-1273699092_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1273699118_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1273699131_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1273699250_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1273699302_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1273699317_thumb.jpg

Those are really cool pics that looks like a good buck!!! :D

So you took these pictures yesterday on May 12th and the buck was still packing horns? I cant really tell from the picture but I assume it is a coues, right? Just curious if they still have horns or not, thanks for posting! Pixman

So you took these pictures yesterday on May 12th and the buck was still packing horns? I cant really tell from the picture but I assume it is a coues, right? Just curious if they still have horns or not, thanks for posting! Pixman

Yes its a coues. There were 3 other bucks with him that still had head gear... There wer about 20 with in 60 yards of eachother. I will set one of m cams up there in a few weeks. About 20 miles north of the coues I saw about 15 muliey (group of 3, 5, and 7) all the bucks had little nubs, but one. He had about 7-10 inches of velvet to go along with his big body... He was to fast and was gone by the time I got my camera out...

I will be looking for some coues sheds in a few weeks when I set out my camers...