CouesWhitetail

New Product Created by CouesWhitetail.com Member!

David Frank (aka azhuntnut) has just created a new product that I think many of you will find very useful!

David is the owner of Aristotle Engineering and he created a way to attach your AR-15 to almost any tripod head. This product is called Loc Jaw and it will improve your accuracy and give you a way to use a panning tripod head to track a moving animal for a shot.

Check out this link to learn more about it, to watch a video and to buy it!!

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/loc_jaw.htm

I am sure David will come and add more info about his new product. I really enjoy being able to sell quality products made by our members!! :)

WOW!! real cool how people can think like that!!

Thanks again Amanda for carrying my new product. I have some more products in the works that is going to give hunters some new gear to add there arsenal of equipment. For any of you that would like to take a closer look at a LOC JAW and even try it on your gun, feel free to contact me. I live in the north valley off the 101, and can even meet up somewhere close by. Plus if you need to add the lower four inch Picatinny rail to your forearm, I can do that for you. It takes me less than ten minutes to drill and tap your forearm. There are some dealers here in town carrying the 4 inch Picatinny rail that I can refer you to. I am working on another video that will show the LOC JAW up close and how easy it installs. There will also be some long range shooting in the video, hopefully there will be a coyote on the other end of the bullet in the video. Here are some more pics to check out. David

http://s863.photobucket.com/home/Aristotle...?view=slideshow

I put the Loc-Jaw on my AR-15 a few weeks ago. It is an awsome product! Only took me a few minutes to attack the rail to my handguard on my AR and I was off to the races. I used the plate from my Manfrotto tripod and locked it into the tripod. Put it to paper and was holding sub inch groups at two hundred yards!

I think I will be selling all my bipods very soon!

Can't wait till I can get this mounted on my other rifles! Just think of hiking into your hunting spot with your spotting scope, which you already have a tripod for, and wait, now you can click your firearm into it and be rock solid and taking your confident shot!

Great product David! Ben

Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to have David drive up to Northern Arizona to show me the new LOC JAW.

Bottom line: it works!

We slid it on the lower rail of my AR, tightened a few stainless steel hex screws, added an Outdoorsmans plate, and started shooting. I shot from both a standing position and a sitting position in fast, but controlled fire. Even with a pretty good crosswind, I put all the shots into less than 4" at 100 yards.

I haven't had a chance to try it out on prairie dogs or coyotes yet, but I'm sure it will work perfectly.

If any of you have an AR and are looking for a great solution for long distance shooting that adapts to a piece of equipment you're already carrying, check out the LOC JAW. I will also be writing a Gear Highlight on the LOC JAW for a future issue of Western Hunter.

David has some videos on youtube and Amanda sells them here: LOC JAW

how does this differ from the claw?

The LOC JAW slides onto the lower Picatinny rail of your firearm and then it is bolted on using three stainless steel bolts. It only weighs 2.5 ounces, so you don't even notice a difference when it is installed. You are then able to hunt with the LOC JAW installed with your tripod plate already attached so it locks into your tripod in an instant. There is a 1/4x20 threaded hole on the bottom with two locating holes on each side to prevent the plate from rotating on the LOC JAW. Take a look through my pictures and you can see how it attaches to the rail. All the edges have been rounded for comfort while carrying the gun. David

http://s863.photobucket.com/home/Aristotle...?view=slideshow

David,

Have you made a video yet that shows how you attach the Loc Jaw to the rail? And perhaps how to install the rail if they don't already have one. I think people would like to see something like that.

Amanda

Amanda, I will try to get a video made this weekend with a little more detail. Some of my still pictures show the LOC JAW attached to the Picatinny rail. The rail is bolted directly to my forearm. Some AR's come with a forearm that has a Picatinny rail built directly into it. David