Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

I Got Robbed!!

I don't feel sorry for anyone losing a trail cam .... It is the risk you take for abandoning something on public land in the forest .... It is like tacking $100.00 bills to trees and leaving them for anyone to see and not just hunters .... and to assume that hunters are responsible is a joke!!! in that unit I see more traffic from recreation types from hikers to horseback to trail riders on their quads and bikes .... any and all could just as likely be the culprit ... While I will never condone or agree that people taking what does not belong to them no matter the circumstance is right ... I will not feel sorry for those that willing put themselves at risk by leaving them out there Just as I will never agree with baiting .... But good luck not losing your next ones

I dont know why you have to bag on everyone who puts up cameras, Maybe some people just enjoy it . I watch your posts and It seems like you are always wanting to get people worked up. (" hunters being responsible is a joke") . Those sound like liberal anti- hunter words coming from mr str8shot.

We all know putting out cameras is a risk ,but what do you do?

Think someone here needs to go get EDUMACATED .... you truly must not know how to read in context ... The original post had strong words blaming the loss on hunters... And what you quote from my reply is liberal anti hunters??? read it again and then again ... and Say it is liberal anti hunting .... My statement is defending hunters as not being the only possible culprits not an attack on hunters... but it is OK, being an A S S is something You and the original poster have in common for ASSuming things ( i am sure you know the saying) .... You have a problem with a hunter who is not in favor of trail cams, then good for you ( and it is not so much the cams as the baiting that goes along with cams I am against) ... It shows how pathetic you are labeling people without having a clue about them .... and for your last question ....No 1 .. I trust no one #2 scout with my own two feet , eyes and brain # 3... I go hunting ..... As far as Trail cams and BAIT I Leave them where they belong on the shelf at Bass Pro ... and this is a choice every hunter can make , but I don't want to hear crying when you choose to try to make your hunt easier always looking for the biggest and lose Cams in the process ....

p.s. I know it is educated... and to try to compare something that fits in your hand that is hanging out in the forest for months at a time to a truck that is there for a day also shows the lack of brains in the bunch ....

In reading the original post I would have to agree that it was a hunter, I don't see hikers carrying around bags of salt in the woods. Then to place it over another salt is kind of shity. The point you make on salt is strictly a prefrence of yours. Baiting IS legal except for bears. Putting out salt, hanging a tree stand/trail camera over it doesn't mean a animal will be harvested. I don't know about everybody elses experiences but I've had animals on camera and come hunting season they dissappear. If you care nothing about trail cams and baiting/salt why are you in the trail cam section of the forums?

I don't feel sorry for anyone losing a trail cam .... It is the risk you take for abandoning something on public land in the forest .... It is like tacking $100.00 bills to trees and leaving them for anyone to see and not just hunters .... and to assume that hunters are responsible is a joke!!! in that unit I see more traffic from recreation types from hikers to horseback to trail riders on their quads and bikes .... any and all could just as likely be the culprit ... While I will never condone or agree that people taking what does not belong to them no matter the circumstance is right ... I will not feel sorry for those that willing put themselves at risk by leaving them out there Just as I will never agree with baiting .... But good luck not losing your next ones

I dont know why you have to bag on everyone who puts up cameras, Maybe some people just enjoy it . I watch your posts and It seems like you are always wanting to get people worked up. (" hunters being responsible is a joke") . Those sound like liberal anti- hunter words coming from mr str8shot.

We all know putting out cameras is a risk ,but what do you do?

Think someone here needs to go get EDUMACATED .... you truly must not know how to read in context ... The original post had strong words blaming the loss on hunters... And what you quote from my reply is liberal anti hunters??? read it again and then again ... and Say it is liberal anti hunting .... My statement is defending hunters as not being the only possible culprits not an attack on hunters... but it is OK, being an A S S is something You and the original poster have in common for ASSuming things ( i am sure you know the saying) .... You have a problem with a hunter who is not in favor of trail cams, then good for you ( and it is not so much the cams as the baiting that goes along with cams I am against) ... It shows how pathetic you are labeling people without having a clue about them .... and for your last question ....No 1 .. I trust no one #2 scout with my own two feet , eyes and brain # 3... I go hunting ..... As far as Trail cams and BAIT I Leave them where they belong on the shelf at Bass Pro ... and this is a choice every hunter can make , but I don't want to hear crying when you choose to try to make your hunt easier always looking for the biggest and lose Cams in the process ....

p.s. I know it is educated... and to try to compare something that fits in your hand that is hanging out in the forest for months at a time to a truck that is there for a day also shows the lack of brains in the bunch ....

In reading the original post I would have to agree that it was a hunter, I don't see hikers carrying around bags of salt in the woods. Then to place it over another salt is kind of shity. The point you make on salt is strictly a prefrence of yours. Baiting IS legal except for bears. Putting out salt, hanging a tree stand/trail camera over it doesn't mean a animal will be harvested. I don't know about everybody elses experiences but I've had animals on camera and come hunting season they dissappear. If you care nothing about trail cams and baiting/salt why are you in the trail cam section of the forums?

i agree with jeffcros.

obviously it was a hunter.

i have 2 cameras out i lock them just to "keep honest people honest" but i know there is a chance for them to be stolen....

i would still be upset if someone STOLE them.

As my dad always said "people work hard for the things they have" to have a thief steal it is a shame!

most of the time i do not hunt where i have hung my cameras but just enjoy the photos i get.

just because someone has a camera in the forest on public land does not mean it's ok to take something that is not yours just because it's

on public land! a thief is a thief is a thief.

if str8shot had his blind stolen i'm sure he would be upset. that would be no different, your property is your property no matter where it is!

james

#1 I never condoned people taking that which is not theirs ... I think thieves are the scum of this earth personally

#2 I replied to this thread from the View new posts section

#3 I leave nothing out in the field not even a gum wrapper ... Natural blinds sometimes get tore up but you can always make a new one

#4 You all assume the salt the Original poster stated was put out by the culprit yet he spoke nothing of seeing any other cameras ... is it possible that a hunter seeing the remnants of the previous bait utilized the same spot ... is it possible the salt was put out days or even weeks after said camera was already gone.... is it possibly said hunter is the culprit.... sure but that is still assuming ... and in that unit especially there is far more than just hunting traffic out and about ...

#5 " MOST of the time I do not hunt were I hung my cameras " of course it depends on what your seeing and odds are you are hunting pretty dang close and increasing Hunt success and quality is the # reason for trail cams .... People out for wildlife shots are using much better equipment for quality wildlife photos ...

#6 I never stated baiting was Illegal for deer or any other game but I see an awful lot of Bear pics on trail cams on Bait and I am sure some get harvested from the same spots they are snapped So don't act like it is not done ....

I don't have to feel sorry for any person who chooses these methods( I myself do not agree upon) and lose gear in the process ... That does not mean I am judging you for the practice, just that I do not agree with you .... And I know a large amount of hunters that feel the same way many of which have sent me private messages glad I speak my mind on the topic ... So have fun hunting your way just don't come on here crying when things get taken off public land ...

So have fun hunting your way just don't come on here crying when things get taken off public land ...

I try not to get involved in heated topics but I can't stay quiet any longer on this one. Why shouldn't someone post about losing a camera? If you don't agree to the method that is fine but why start an arguement over someone "crying" about it? What does it do to bother you? Looks to me like you are just trying to bring up your opinion on the subject of trail cams and baiting. It has been hashed out more times then needed on here and many other forums and it won't be agreed upon so why continue to bring it up? I do use cameras, I do use salt, and I will continue to, doesn't mean that I have ill feelings towards someone that doesn't and I won't argue with them if they don't.....let the dead dog lie and quit stirring the pot.

Phil

When someone wants to come on a hunting forum and accuse other hunters with out any real evidence to back it up I have an issue with it .... So he found Salt where he once had sugar ... That proves nothing but that another hunter was in the area .... That camera depending on the length of time it was left could have been gone the next day and that other hunter with the salt could have been there days later .... My point is the original post is nothing but an accusation that some unknown hunter is the culprit which may or just as likely may not be the case ... I have an issue with people assuming without anything to really back it up ... but even if he did have pictures I am sure plenty here would defend the guy with it in his hands and tell some crazy story how it jumped off the tree and was laying on the ground 30 feet away with no owner info in it to contact the original owner ( oh yeah we went through that about this time last year ) .... It is not just the crying about his loss it is the assuming it was a hunter without the possibility it could have been anyone out in that forest south of Young ...

When someone wants to come on a hunting forum and accuse other hunters with out any real evidence to back it up I have an issue with it .... So he found Salt where he once had sugar ... That proves nothing but that another hunter was in the area .... That camera depending on the length of time it was left could have been gone the next day and that other hunter with the salt could have been there days later .... My point is the original post is nothing but an accusation that some unknown hunter is the culprit which may or just as likely may not be the case ... I have an issue with people assuming without anything to really back it up ... but even if he did have pictures I am sure plenty here would defend the guy with it in his hands and tell some crazy story how it jumped off the tree and was laying on the ground 30 feet away with no owner info in it to contact the original owner ( oh yeah we went through that about this time last year ) .... It is not just the crying about his loss it is the assuming it was a hunter without the possibility it could have been anyone out in that forest south of Young ...

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing up what you had the issue with...I was starting to get confused. :blink:

You have a problem with a hunter who is not in favor of trail cams, then good for you ( and it is not so much the cams as the baiting that goes along with cams I am against) ... It shows how pathetic you are labeling people without having a clue about them

Are you ASSuming that everyone that hangs a camera is using bait?

Just for the record I don't bait everwhere I have a cam. Some places I have cams I don't even hunt. Not because of pressure or the animals I got on the cams were not big enough, I just like getting photos of various animals.

Im my original post I assumed it was another hunter who either thought they were being pressured out or in fear that I had found something potentaily productive in wi;dlife and they wanted to take it away in hope that I would not come back.

And as for Str8tshot I would guess your one of those guys that sit on the computer on this site and probly others and write comments just to see your words in print like some others on this who comment on every topic on here.

I wasn't looking for sympathy or your opinion on the way you hunt. I could care less what you think and the way you think is moral or right by your regards. Fact is most people don't know any others on this site but a small group of people. Thanks for all the comments.

You have a problem with a hunter who is not in favor of trail cams, then good for you ( and it is not so much the cams as the baiting that goes along with cams I am against) ... It shows how pathetic you are labeling people without having a clue about them

Are you ASSuming that everyone that hangs a camera is using bait?

DB not at all.... but it had already been stated that he was baiting his cam .... as far as adding to this thread , when individuals who clearly don't read or understand the posts in a thread quote me and try to make some stupid comment about the post ... I am most definitely going to answer back ... In my original reply I passed no personal judgment on Buckhunter ... I only stated He assumed to much for the way the post was written and showed no sympathy for his loss ... Oh well if my opinion being different than yours or the next guys makes me an A S S then it is all good, and your opinion to have .... I am not on this site to try to be anyone's buddy and join a clique of people who are not able to think or see outside their own boxes .... I think Trail cams are cool .... A small fraction of pictures captured are great .... But when combined with baiting (which a majority % are) I happen not to agree with the practice.... SO that makes me some Liberal anti hunting A s s ... I can tell you that is the funniest thing anyone who knows me would ever hear .... To me the Idea of a Liberal hunter is exactly those putting out baits and Cameras and wanting everything to come easy and be handed to them ... But hey that is just My opinion ... Have a good one

I think I owe str8shot an apology for calling you a liberal anti hunter. Im sure you are a good guy( maybe a debater) but still a good guy. I get the point that you are against the use of salt and game cameras. My question is what style of hunting do you prefer? Rifle hunting? compound bow hunting? recurve bow hunting? Do you use open sights or the aid of a scope? what about binos, how much magnification is too much?Do you use the aid of a quad or truck to get you onto a dirt road , what about a gps .

You can probably see where I am going with this. whatever fits your style, go with it.

I just want to go on record KUDOS to avatar BML is trustworthy and respectful person out in the woods, he has come cross some of my cameras and a true person you can trust not to steal your cameras he finds, just for record .I hope everyone else will give the same respect to other cameras they find and show the same respect.