Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

I Got Robbed!!

I too feel sorry for you. Theft is theft, even if you are exposing yourself to higher risk. Being honest is like being pregnant, you either are or you are not.

I just set both of mine out a couple days ago. I hope they are still there when I go and check them. I guess it doesnt matter where you put them or how high.If they want them they are going to take em.

Tough luck!! I'd honesty rather have mine taken from the woods rather than my own driveway if that makes you fells any better. I lost two from my driveway a little over a month ago. Theft sucks, and I hope it never happens to you again.

-Jeremy-

You got me worried

+1

i just put 2 of mine out

last year i would only leave them out during the week drive 1 1/2 hour after work so they wouldn't be out on the weekend.

man that sucks! :angry:

i hate a corn baggin' thief more than anything!!!

I don't feel sorry for anyone losing a trail cam .... It is the risk you take for abandoning something on public land in the forest .... It is like tacking $100.00 bills to trees and leaving them for anyone to see and not just hunters .... and to assume that hunters are responsible is a joke!!! in that unit I see more traffic from recreation types from hikers to horseback to trail riders on their quads and bikes .... any and all could just as likely be the culprit ... While I will never condone or agree that people taking what does not belong to them no matter the circumstance is right ... I will not feel sorry for those that willing put themselves at risk by leaving them out there Just as I will never agree with baiting .... But good luck not losing your next ones
I agree 100% with this. It isn't just hunters stealing cams, but any punk a$$ that happens along. Placing cams on public land is a calculated risk. Is the info gained worth the possible loss of one or more cams? It is to me. I run 30+ cams and have had 4 stolen. Dosen't mean I wouldn't love to happen into someone beeboppin down the trail with my goods in their hand but when I show up and a cam is gone, sure I get pissed, but in this day and age its all part of the deal. Simply don't put them out unless you can afford to lose it because it is only a matter of when not if....

Thats to bad you lost ur cams man!! I build my own lock boxes an have 11 cams, ive been using my boxes for 2yrs an havent had a single cam stollen yet!!! From my expierence the boxes are working!!!!

Im not to butt hurt about it now I know it was a risk. The first cam I had taken had a security code. I even wrote it on the outside of the casing. 'Has a security code will not work" and its reg to me. I guess that pissed me off the most along with dumping other salt on top of mine. I will not be pushed away from their. I will be hunting their come archery season. Good luck to all who have cams out. Total count now is 3 stolen cams.

I had my first one stolen last year and feel everyones pain when theirs get stolen. I would like to catch one in the act and do the little sob in, if he isn't bigger than me :lol: , then post his picture all over the place. I just can't believe there are people like that. Dirty bast@*^'s!

TJ

That's too bad about your camera and pretty strange he would dump his salt on top of yours. The salt part just doesn't make any sense to me. I scouted out a couple new spots last yr and the one I ended up choosing to hunt wasn't found by anyone. Now this year, two hikers and one turkey hunter have stumbled upon my spot. Definitely going to be anxious every time I walk in there hoping my cams are still there.

Some peoples kids!

Next time just do as I, pack a makita impact find a dead stump/tree and attach the cam using a 5 inch lag bolt! If they can get it off they can have it. DIRTBAGS!

That really does suck, and I feel for you. I won't put anything out where I know other hunters are active that I will get too mad if it's stolen. I have come across numerous $200+ cameras attached to a skinny tree with nothing but a nylon strap - I just hang my hat over them while I'm in the area, because WHEN they do get taken, I don't want my pictures on them.

When I put out my cheaper cameras, they are chained to the tree, but that is only a deterrent. When I put my Covert out, it's in a steel box lag bolted to a large oak or pine. They might be able to take it, but they're gonna have to cut down the tree and haul out a good chunk of it with them. So far, all the people pix on my Covert spot have been cowboys, and they always come up closer for a look then move along.

I still think a little C4 triggered via cell-phone embedded in a camera would make people a little more civil when they came across someone else's property. :P

As for not feeling bad because it's "abondoned property" - I don't agree. That's almost like saying when you leave your truck parked in the woods while out hunting, it's fair game to theives. IMO.

I don't feel sorry for anyone losing a trail cam .... It is the risk you take for abandoning something on public land in the forest .... It is like tacking $100.00 bills to trees and leaving them for anyone to see and not just hunters .... and to assume that hunters are responsible is a joke!!! in that unit I see more traffic from recreation types from hikers to horseback to trail riders on their quads and bikes .... any and all could just as likely be the culprit ... While I will never condone or agree that people taking what does not belong to them no matter the circumstance is right ... I will not feel sorry for those that willing put themselves at risk by leaving them out there Just as I will never agree with baiting .... But good luck not losing your next ones

I dont know why you have to bag on everyone who puts up cameras, Maybe some people just enjoy it . I watch your posts and It seems like you are always wanting to get people worked up. (" hunters being responsible is a joke") . Those sound like liberal anti- hunter words coming from mr str8shot.

We all know putting out cameras is a risk ,but what do you do?

I dont know why you have to bag on everyone who puts up cameras, Maybe some people just enjoy it . I watch your posts and It seems like you are always wanting to get people worked up. (" hunters being responsible is a joke") . Those sound like liberal anti- hunter words coming from mr str8shot.

We all know putting out cameras is a risk ,but what do you do?

Think someone here needs to go get EDUMACATED .... you truly must not know how to read in context ... The original post had strong words blaming the loss on hunters... And what you quote from my reply is liberal anti hunters??? read it again and then again ... and Say it is liberal anti hunting .... My statement is defending hunters as not being the only possible culprits not an attack on hunters... but it is OK, being an A S S is something You and the original poster have in common for ASSuming things ( i am sure you know the saying) .... You have a problem with a hunter who is not in favor of trail cams, then good for you ( and it is not so much the cams as the baiting that goes along with cams I am against) ... It shows how pathetic you are labeling people without having a clue about them .... and for your last question ....No 1 .. I trust no one #2 scout with my own two feet , eyes and brain # 3... I go hunting ..... As far as Trail cams and BAIT I Leave them where they belong on the shelf at Bass Pro ... and this is a choice every hunter can make , but I don't want to hear crying when you choose to try to make your hunt easier always looking for the biggest and lose Cams in the process ....

p.s. I know it is educated... and to try to compare something that fits in your hand that is hanging out in the forest for months at a time to a truck that is there for a day also shows the lack of brains in the bunch ....