Sign in to follow this  
dillon_camo

Which Bow Sight?

I am in the market for a new bow sight. The sight that I have now is a 5 pin Trophy Ridge, which does not adjust enough for how far I want to shoot. Just wondering what sights others have used that are adjustable enough for 60 or 70 yards.

IMO.... there is only ONE sight for guys that shoot over 60 yds right now..... that is the Axcell Sites form TrueBall... Jeremy (Chasin' a Dream Outfiters....aka Extreme coues) can't even keep them on the shelf.... they Smoke anything else out there.... I have had mine for anout a year and LOVE it.... They are a must see product. ;)

I have the new Trophy ridge Hitman 7 Micro and my pins are set 20-30-40-50-60-70-80 yds.

Glow in the dark ring, Rheostat light, micro pins, bubble level, micro adjustments.

I am really liking it for about $119 ....cheaper on ebay sometimes. Lot cheaper then the spot hogg and it has a light too.

http://www.trophyridge.com/sights/hitman/

there are other ways to cheat some to get your sights out father, raise your peep a touch, and drop your whole sight window down a little bit, that may give you the adjustment/yardage you need? Just a thought.

I have the SDP by spott hogg and really liked it, but just updated to a new axcell sight custom with 9 pins, maybe a bit much :)

I went to the Sure Loc Lethal Weapon QC Max with 4 pins. had the SDP and was just to many pins to look thru. Then I liked the fact that I could adjust to any distance I wanted.

I forgot the MAIN reason why the Axcel is the only sight...... I lost an opportunity to take my Dall sheep with a bow because of my SDP sight.... the exposed fibers have durability and dryrot issues.... I HATE SDP!!!!! :angry: Any how the Axcel sight have fully encaed and protected fibers.... I'll not have the same problem twice.... don't know when I'll ever have an extra $15k layin' around to try and get my Dall with a bow ....again.... <_<

Thanks for all the answers. I really like the Axcel sights but they are out of my price range.

I bought the Spot Hogg "Hogg It" and upgraded the ring to the Seven Deadly Pins. Really like this site and while pricey, I can't imagine a more adjustable sight.

Yowzer, I just googled the Axcel sight...maybe I have that much cash invested in my Spot Hogg, but doesn't $200 seem like a serious chunk of cash to lay down on an accessory??? I guess in retrospect my 5-pin Hogg-it was around $150 and I think I paid another $50 or more for the 7-pin head... just when you thought bows were expensive... However, I love shooting my SDP out to 80, if for nothing else, to see where my form is bad.

Gino, I'll find you at the Sunrise shoot (probably at camp), mind if I put a couple arrows through yor setup?

True glow has a new sight out it only has five pins but if you start at 30 and go by twenty ( i have a faster bow shooting 330 and still have only alittle gap) it has fully enclosed pins and its got three feet of fiber. ALso in the ten thousndths pins i love it. also has the glow ring but even thohugh most do now days for long range shoooting you MUST use/have a leveling device.

Yowzer, I just googled the Axcel sight...maybe I have that much cash invested in my Spot Hogg, but doesn't $200 seem like a serious chunk of cash to lay down on an accessory??? I guess in retrospect my 5-pin Hogg-it was around $150 and I think I paid another $50 or more for the 7-pin head... just when you thought bows were expensive... However, I love shooting my SDP out to 80, if for nothing else, to see where my form is bad.

Gino, I'll find you at the Sunrise shoot (probably at camp), mind if I put a couple arrows through yor setup?

Sure Jason... you are more than welcome to give it a test drive....but I want it back! :lol: :lol: :P We should be camped on the Nat. Forest east of Sunrise lake near some stream.... if it is not taken.... Just call me I'm sure I'll have service there???

...and my sight retails for about $250. plus a custom ordered it with 8 pins and set pin colors..... pricey is right but but the SDP cost me much more than that on a opportunity of a life time.... I'll never again buy any sight that has unprotected fibers.... it is not a matter of if they will fail.... but rather will they fail at the shooting range or when you need them most... then $250 is cheap!!! ;)

Any sight with proteced fibers is good...better than most IMO...

Love my 7dp-very durable and easy to adjust-make sure your new sight has 3rd axis adjustment. Anyone remember when they didn't make sights with fiberoptic pins?lots of people still killed animals back then.

Gino I agree about the exposed fibers on my SDP. It became so bad that I carried a bit of superglue to cover the backside of my pins so they wouldn't rot and fall out. The enclosed fibers is the best reason to spend the money on Axcell.