Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Sunrise 3D Shoot

Assuming we get the normal spot, there will be a cluster of campers on the South side of Pole Knoll. We do some great "Mexican BBQ", hanging by the fire, driving rangers and quads around, shooting archery targets, shooting the breeze, throwing horseshoes and playing "cornhole" (yeah, laugh, but you gotta try it out). Some "low stakes" (read chips only) Texas Hold'em in the late afternoons.

In the evenings, when the grownups are telling hunting stories around the fire, we usually set up a big projector playing movies for the kiddies on a big sheet on the back of one of the trailers - popcorn and sodas, they love it.

If you happen by our camp, stop in and say hi. It's a nice group of families enjoying the white mountains, always happy to welcome in some new friends. Look for a big blue Ford Excursion, some big trucks, big tan Dodge Quad, a blue f-250, no tellin' what Casey will drive up in but it will be big, lots of campers and lots of kids running around.

Next weekend, July 2nd - 4th. The tribe usually puts on a pretty good firework show over Sunrise lake too. Drop in if you like.

My wife is due in 3 weeks, but I do have to get up there once before the baby's born, because it for sure isn't happening after the baby is here! Sounds like a blast!

Jason,

We used to camp over there... It is great!! :D This year I'm just camping where my buddy Eric wants... close enough to see the fireworks... the will be cornholing :blink: , washers, LCR (dice), and horseshoes... as well as 3D's at our camp... so as you head out to your camp stop by... Shoot the Maxxis 35... and the 'bull' as well! :lol: :P :lol: I'll let you know but we should be just off the Res. east of Sunrise lake....

If you guys are expecting fire works you may want to check with the tribe. I heard they were cancelling the fire works show this year. The show at Lyman lake may also be getting cancelled as well as the Round Valley show. Something to do with the insurance. Either way the 3D shoot will be great. We also have been receiving rain so come prepared.

What a Great Shoot!! I don't think I have ever enjoyed shooting more than the two, 7 am courses (3 & 4) my wife and I did on Saturday & Sunday mornings... cool and calm... no waiting at the lift or on course (mid-day was a zoo).... plenty of time to help my wife learn distance judging.... man did we have a blast!!! My wife can't wait for next year!! Her longest shot was 38.5 yards....Her scores improved with each round we did... I made her move back one stake after she shot a 3 down on her first course... :blink: :lol: ....man has she stepped it up with this new bow!

My only complaint would be that they had a few targets that were sooo shot out that you could not see the rings even when standing next to them... course 3 mostly. :rolleyes:

The Smoker was Brutal! :blink: :rolleyes:

I am going to be ready for the Extreme Course next year! ;)

The long shot was fun... alittle tough due to the windy conditions.... I smoked that Big Foot on my 3rd round.... :rolleyes:

Jason.... Thanks for stopping by and hanging out for a while! Good to see you and the family... hope your boy is feeling better after having the stitches out!

Thanks to Jim White for being there and having all the equipment on hand that I wanted for my late bull tag!! ;)

definately a great time, over at the broken arrow booth I cant even count how many dozens of arrows we cut over there this weekend! lol I didnt even break out my bow! <_< but none the less had a great time! Even took the kids fishing on sunday and monday! cresent lake is awesome! This shoot is always on the calender every year!!!

I did 6 courses and to be honest they were setup well and agree that some of the targets needed to be upgraded or turned around. The one was not shot up on the back side. I wonder if an archery person was present when they set up that target? Second was there needs to be more enforcement of the 4 shooters per group rule that I think the ABA upholds. We were on course 3 Saturday for 3.5 hours and that includes skipping two targets mid way through to try and get ahead of two large groups and then we walked off the course with 4 targets to go having waited 20mins and still had 2 groups ahead of us waiting to shoot the next target. That my friends is way to long on a single course!

In the end... it was a good shoot and I felt I got both my monies worth and my archery skills tested. Great practice for my upcoming bow hunts.

I got to shoot with Deserthntr and I thank him, his dad & buddy for allowing me to join in their group. It was a pleasure to shoot with you guys, thanks.

I wish I could make the ABA shoot at the end of the month but we have our RMEF banquet in Tucson that same weekend.

Yes, the shoot was great. Have to agree they should limit the group size. We had a group of 26 people ahead of us!!!!!! Made for a long time between targets!!!