jeffro

Long Range Rifle pics

Shooting a 210 JLK bullet

How do you lke those JLK's? Ive never seen anything get hit with one. Does the stiller action have a longer magazine box to fit those bullets?

How do you lke those JLK's? Ive never seen anything get hit with one. Does the stiller action have a longer magazine box to fit those bullets?

I have the same action and the magazine cutout is extended .130" to accept the Wyatt's extended box, or similar.

I've killed three animals with them so far and have been very happy with the results. They are built with the same jackets and using the same exact process as Bergers so the truth is they perform pretty much the same way that Bergers do. With the 5 animals I've shot or seen shot with them only twice has the bulled exited the animal and that was on a 526 yard shot I made on an antelope in New Mexico and my son's small buck at under 100 yards. If you look at the picture below of the exit hole you can see it's the size of a golf ball. With a BC of .680, groups in the .3's, and devistating results on animals it's pretty much a no brainer!

I'll be heading to Colorado at the end of the week for a mule deer hunt. My two hunting buddies and myself are all using them. I'll try to get some more pic's and report back on the results.

As stated above me the magazine cut out is extended. The OAL for this load is 3.735 and they fit just fine.

post-25-1288725941_thumb.jpg

The OAL for this load is 3.735 and they fit just fine.

post-25-1288725941_thumb.jpg

I'll have to seat some bullets to that and see if it turns my rifle into a single shot, I'm sure it will. Right now my 180 accubonds barely fit in the magazine. It will be hard for me to change from accubonds too. My loads have taken 11 coues and 1 desert. Nothing takes a step. I doubt anything could with a JLW either, judging by the pic. Im thinking of less expensive alternatives to a 338 edge (5-6k scoped). I dont know what I'm gonna do. What I have now works really well for me, but the JLWs, with .680, will stretch me out a little bit. Maybe I'll hit the lotto :lol:

Nice Hector! I can't wait for that baby to see some action in Mexico!

It's got a date on the 'Bab first...

...after that...IT'S AWN!

January can't come soon enough.

With your groups at 600 yards, I'd hate to be the buck with your name on it Phil!

I think you have a score to settle down there.