Sign in to follow this  
C.O.U.E.S.

2010 Black River Trip

Getting out to this river is always a highlight of the year...and this trip was no exception, it was little windy and the the water was running deep but the memories made are priceless..... :D :D :D

post-1414-1278644748.jpg

My good buddy Terry at T&A Fish Taxidermy worked his magic and I couldn't be happier ;) ....(scroll down to see the outcome)

post-1414-1278644765.jpg

my 20 in. brown...I thought it was carp or a cat...light tackle + running water= a lucky SOB ;)

post-1414-1278644809.jpg

my partner Paul M. set the bar high a day earlier with his own slab....awesome fish bro!

post-1414-1278644841.jpg

Paul, my son Damian, nephew Gauge and bro Nico...alot of my best times outdoors are with them...thank's fella's...

post-1414-1278644871.jpg

the finished product....man, he sure is purrrty on my wall!!!

and in case you were wondering, we did fish for smallies with no luck. We were way above pump station and the river was cold and deep...

Thank's for looking and I can't wait till next May....max

sorry for poor pic quality, I don't no how to change the pic size to fit here... :(

Terry does great work on his fish and is an awesome individual talk with. He still drools about wanting my dads Small mouth he mounted hanging in his own house ....

Awesome Browns! I have not fished much on the Black but man I hear a lot of great fishing goes on there. Congrats on the wall hanger!

Terry does great work on his fish and is an awesome individual talk with. He still drools about wanting my dads Small mouth he mounted hanging in his own house ....

Not to hijack your thread but here is the smallmouth Str8shot montioned and largemouth I hooked into. both done my T&A. I highly recommend Him.

post-1803-1278660317_thumb.jpg

post-1803-1278660281_thumb.jpg

Those are some good look'n smallies... ;) and yes he does do some great work...I am stuck work'n with him daily so I get see alot of his finished product.... B)

Sounds like a fun trip. Nice taxi work also, does he just do skin mounts or does he do replicas also? I have a walleye I'm thinking about getting a replica.

--Bill

Nice fish and mount!

When I was there in May 2010, I caught a 4" brown, still brought a smile on my 3wt sage!

FISH ON!

AzP&Y

Sounds like a fun trip. Nice taxi work also, does he just do skin mounts or does he do replicas also? I have a walleye I'm thinking about getting a replica.

--Bill

He does replica's as well ....