Just bought a drop away rest, my first one and can't get the bullet hole on paper test. I was told to shoot cock vane up and adjust rest left or right. Vertical tear is perfect but cant get horizontal within a inch. Any suggestions?

If you can, move the rest forward, gives it more time to drop before hitting fletching.

If you are not sure if the fletching are hitting your rest, put some pen makrs on the rest and look at your arrows for pen markings after shooting, that's a sure sign it's hitting your rest.

If the arrow is not hitting your rest, you might need to move the rest side to side to align with the string.

No one can ever tell you the solution, it's like a cube game, gotta play with it til you get er right

The rest is all the way forward and moving it side to side does not seem to do anything :unsure: I have gone all the way right and all the way left.

Kinda like what elkhunter mentioned but instead of pen try a coating of lip stick on the rest and see if any gets transferred to the fletching ... My bro told me about this trick

John,

Sounds like the rest needs to move left or right..... If you can get it dialed in yourself, take it in and have it tuned. ;)

Whale-

what rest is it?

don't worry about cock vane being up, worry about the fletching clearing your rest and cables.

Most of the time the cock vane will need to be at 11 or 1'oclock for clearance.

What is your setup? bow, vanes, rest etc.

what rest is it?

don't worry about cock vane being up, worry about the fletching clearing your rest and cables.

Most of the time the cock vane will need to be at 11 or 1'oclock for clearance.

What is your setup? bow, vanes, rest etc.

It is a Mathews Switchback with a Ultra Rest Hunter from Quality Archery Designs and I have tried 4" vanes and 2" Vanes all with cock vane up. I will try the 11 and 1 oclock.

If you are sure you are getting contact you might switch the launchers... The QAD comes with two...
never thought of that will try tomorrow thanks for the idea we'll see if it works ;)