THAT'S WHY AZGF NEEDS TO HAVE A BOW HUNTING HUNTER SAFETY PROGRAM. I THINK THAT ANYBODY WHO HUNTS WITH BOW AND ARROW SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH A COURSE TO INSURE THAT THEY CAN SHOOT A BOW. TOO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT JUST FLING ARROWS AND HAVE NO CLUE

Left Tear: If the fletched end of the arrow tears the paper to the left of where the tip

penetrates. This may indicate that:

• Arrow rest is adjusted too far to the left. Adjust arrow rest to the right.

• Arrow shaft is too stiff (right handed archers): Although very unlikely, it is

possible that the spine of the arrow shaft is too stiff. Using an arrow selection

chart, select an arrow with the proper spine or increase draw weight of the bow.

For left- handed archers: Arrow shaft too weak.

• Arrow making contact with the cables. Adjust cable guard to achieve more

clearance.

• Inconsistent shooting form. Have your shooting form and technique checked

by a qualified archery coach.

Right Tear: If the fletched end of the arrow tears the paper to the right of where the tip penetrates. This may

indicate that:

• Arrow rest is adjusted too far to the right. Adjust arrow rest to the left.

• Arrow shaft is too weak (for right-handed archers): Although very unlikely, it is

possible that the spine of the arrow shaft is too weak. Using an arrow selection chart,

select an arrow with the proper spine or reduce draw weight of the bow. For lefthanded

archers: Arrow shaft too stiff.

• Cable guard adjustment too far out. Adjust cable guard to achieve proper vane

clearance.

• Inconsistent shooting form. Have your shooting form and technique checked by a qualified archery

coach.

Switched launchers and with a few adjustments got the bullet hole perfect. Thanks for the info guys and thanks J for the simple idea with big results i was starting to get a little frustrated.

I had the same problem last year and could not get the QAD rest to not make contact with fletching. I used to own an archery shop and tried every trick in the book. I then switched to a Rip Chord rest and problem was solved. I think the rest was bouncing up after the release.

THAT'S WHY AZGF NEEDS TO HAVE A BOW HUNTING HUNTER SAFETY PROGRAM. I THINK THAT ANYBODY WHO HUNTS WITH BOW AND ARROW SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH A COURSE TO INSURE THAT THEY CAN SHOOT A BOW. TOO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT JUST FLING ARROWS AND HAVE NO CLUE

Hit your cap locks button. <_<

And no, AZGFD does not need to host a class on archery. They don't host one on rifles and many people don't understand how to sight a scope in, choose a bullet weight, understand bullet drop, or how a bullet flys compared to the scope/sights. So are they out slinging lead with no clue?

You have to learn some how, and I highly doubt going and sitting through a "death by power-point" will teach anyone anything. They need to get out there and actually do it like WHALE here was doing. He tried everything he knew and had to ask for another opinion on the problem. Getting a new set of eyes on the problem always seems to help either get your mind thinking a different way, or let someone else see what you have been over looking.

Certain rests don't work the same with all the bows, the timing is different, the arrows are different, the releases are different etc. Can you image having to try to tune fifteen different bow for one class!?! There is no way that could be done in a reasonable time frame.

The last thing we need is another mandatory something or other in our lives.

WOW

Well look at it this way we already have a hunter safety course and we still have hunters that as you put it don't have a clue so why would we have a bow hunters course that still won't send the message. I agree we do have a lot of arrow flingers but we can't fix stupid no matter how hard we try.

This post is about a shooter that is having a hard time with his rest he is smart enough to ask for help to reslove the problem. I can tell by looking at the dates that he is shooting his bow and getting ready for the hunting season give the guy some credit. I know of more than a few hunters that only shoot their weapon a few times just before the hunt then call it good.