Never huinted there but i can help with a few questions. for camo all you need is good brake up like the max1 or something with a lot brake up. fires areas are usaully good areas (for me and family) with in a couple mounths small grass start to grow for us deer seem to love it. with seven years i belive that it would be a good place to look with alot of young (bush lookin) trees to bed in and to feed on. All in mop

Maple peak is a spot for the ambitious, or, a guy with horses ;)

That is why I said my tank probably didn't have enough in it to tackle Maple again. Ambitious is probably a better term as you put it.

As far as the fire question goes, I think alot depends on whether it was a Nuke hot fire or one that just took out the underbrush type fire.

In the 3C area, where grass came back almost immediately it was a stampede of elk at least back to the burn area.

Good luck on your hunt, 27 has so much to offer, diversity in where you will find critters and different types of critters as well, so enjoy the unit and the challenges it has to offer.

You'll generally find the Coues deer in pockets in 27 although they are not as isolated as they once were. There are a lot of Coues deer in 27 but man is most of it rough to get into. Maple peak is a good choice and though I haven't been in there in several years I'm betting there's a good population of them running in that burn.