Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

My new Coyote Mount

The mount looks pretty good man.

Here's my biggest. Really old male with worn down teeth. Weighed him right at 35 back at the truck. This is one of my proudest coyote harvests. It took me 10 minutes to get this dog out of the thick stuff about 400 yards away to were I could see him. Once I saw him, it took 30 more minutes to coax him into rifle range. I finally got him to commit and shot him at 75 yards, using only one hand call.

coyote2-3-6003.jpg

Hyperwrx,

Do not understimate the power of a 22 MAG. I have taken dozens of coyotes with that rifle, some head shots yes but lots of them behind the shoulder complete pass trough. BowhuntAz (James) was with me one ocasion when I shot at a running coyot, I hit it just behind the last rib and the bullet came out on the front shoulder, complete pass trough!! But that particular ocasion (dont know why) I had to shot that coyote 3 times first shot 10 yards on his chest, 2nd and 3rd shot at 30 yards behind the shoulder (by the way, last 2 shots were not pass trough) and he kep walking!! but like I said, it was the heavies coyot I have killed.

Also bieng fortunate enoug to take countless javelinas and never until this date had to shoot an animal twice never.

If your point was that the 22Mag is not for long distances then I agree. I try to keep shots under 150 yards. (head shots). This past Friday I took a coyot at 100 yards hit it right behind its ear!

Now the comment you made about Josh is true! :lol: as soon as I took the picture he droped the coyot and started to act like a high maint. girl :lol: He shot the coyot with a 257 WBY MAG. but Josh needs to tell us the story about that coyot......we were sure we were surrounded by Javelina but not...they were coyots that got to us from behind and..............come on Josh..you tell the story.

Ernesto C

Ah the rest of that story is if Ernesto would have done what i told him to do he would have killed a couple of those large coyotes,but no he went and stood somewhere else and I had to call and do the dirty work. ;)

Youre right Scotty that was a pretty awesome shot I made on that coyote. :lol:

Hyperwrx,

Do not understimate the power of a 22 MAG. I have taken dozens of coyotes with that rifle, some head shots yes but lots of them behind the shoulder complete pass trough. BowhuntAz (James) was with me one ocasion when I shot at a running coyot, I hit it just behind the last rib and the bullet came out on the front shoulder, complete pass trough!! But that particular ocasion (dont know why) I had to shot that coyote 3 times first shot 10 yards on his chest, 2nd and 3rd shot at 30 yards behind the shoulder (by the way, last 2 shots were not pass trough) and he kep walking!! but like I said, it was the heavies coyot I have killed.

Also bieng fortunate enoug to take countless javelinas and never until this date had to shoot an animal twice never.

If your point was that the 22Mag is not for long distances then I agree. I try to keep shots under 150 yards. (head shots). This past Friday I took a coyot at 100 yards hit it right behind its ear!

Now the comment you made about Josh is true! :lol: as soon as I took the picture he droped the coyot and started to act like a high maint. girl :lol: He shot the coyot with a 257 WBY MAG. but Josh needs to tell us the story about that coyot......we were sure we were surrounded by Javelina but not...they were coyots that got to us from behind and..............come on Josh..you tell the story.

Ernesto C

+1 shot a pig at 178 there both shoulders two years ago dont under estamate the 22 mag

Blake that is a big dog! Looks like it was just out of PV. It seems like all the coyotes I call up here are pretty small. All of the bigger ones are down south. Anyway..... cool pic and story, thanks for sharing.

P.S If you want to be cool like me and Josh you have to hold them up with only 1 hand while you take the picture.

CCI MAXI-MAG HIGH-VELOCITY TOTAL METAL JACKET 40 GRAIN.

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN3606.jpg

gunsmith.......if you want to have a blast and shot at coyots and bob cats and coyotes that look like a cross between wild dogs and coyotes (their are mean and weird with white and light redish color) talk to Josh. This hunts are in Mexico maybe you want to tag along with us, Josh is trying to film the hunts in Sonora .....or you can shot me a P.M.

DSCN3170.jpg

Ernesto C

Blake that is a big dog! Looks like it was just out of PV. It seems like all the coyotes I call up here are pretty small. All of the bigger ones are down south. Anyway..... cool pic and story, thanks for sharing.

P.S If you want to be cool like me and Josh you have to hold them up with only 1 hand while you take the picture.

Yeah, he was way up at the base of Mingus. You can see PV in the background of the photo. Like you, most of the "local dogs" I kill are in the 15-25 pound range. This guy lived a long life and probably ate dozens of antelope fawns in his lifetime!!

That is a great mount. Not to be roude but how much is it for a coyote mount like yours but with a wood plank holding the mount?