Sign in to follow this  
Apache7mm

Old School Coues Sheds

Here's a few pictures of some trophies of the past, first pic is of a really nice 4pt single shed compared to a set of mounted 110-115 gross sheds found back in the early 90's. the second pic is of the same bleached 4pt shed which was found back in the 90's compared to a non-typical pick up skull dating back to the 80s, it scores maybe close to 105 gross or so, no score on the single 4pt shed, maybe some of you coues experts at guessing scores can come up with something, last pic is of a couple of nice muley bucks, the typical buck measures 32" and the non-typical has an outside spread of 34 3/4", just a few pictures to get everyone a little more fired up for the season, happy hunting!

csheds18du.png

csheds20ak.png

30plusbucks7tj.png

DAN

Thanks for sharing the pics. I like the cheater points on the racks. Would like to see a nontypical like the sheds you mounted come the November rifle season.

Could the white shed be from a mule deer? Kinda small on the brow tines for a whitetail. It looks more similar to the left antler on the left muley in the bottom pic. Hard to tell what was chewed off the two points.

Doug~RR

Nice pictures of your mounts and that old school whitetail shed.

Hey nice drawing at the bottom of your posts as well. What does it say just above that drawing. What does it mean.

well the 4pt shed does look like it could be from a muley at first glance but you really have to have it in hand to see the coues character come out in it, of course i'm not 100% that it is true coues, could possibly be a hybrid or even muley shed but from what i've seen i'm very certain this shed comes off a coues, to be a muley and that small with 4 points coming off the main beam very perfectly is sort of a far reach for me, either way my main purpose of posting the pic is just that, to get insight on what others think about it from the pictures i have put up, any way you look at it it sure is a very nice shed......

...now, what does AOO' DISH NEH mean? haha, well it don't really mean anything at all, it's more of a Navajo slang word me and my fellow roomates made up and use all the time, in the Navajo Language AOO' means YES, and DISH NEH sort of means I SAID SO, so i guess you could say that it means..."yes, i said so!" but thats not what we meant it to mean, we just made it up to make fun of our Navajo roomate, tease him all the time, so we use it in the everyday to mean YES.....and the artwork at the bottom of my posts i did back when i was in Jr. High and later finished in HS, it belongs to AT now.

DAN

Dan,

Do you still do any artwork? We are looking for designs for a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt. Rembrant has said he will try and do something. If you also have a design of some kind we might be able to do a selection of shirts. Just a thought. Maybe a drawing of a bunch of stud bucks chasing does in the oaks on the base of the Nantac?

Amanda

I think that coues buck in his drawing would be perfect.

Those are some great deer and sheds, I am no expert, but I say coues.

Very nice sheds and mounts.

That shed looks like a coues, a HUGE COUES :(

always Drawing all the time, always up for any project big or small, i can do some sketches and i'll email them to you Amanda and maybe you can post them in the forum with the related topic, i was looking at that awhile back and was wondering if anything ever got done with that cuz i'd be interested in getting a shirt, well i'll get some stuff drawn and submitted soon.

my cuzin-bro knows its all in good fun from us, just sometimes gotta be a mean apache to him from time to time, he's long gone now though but will be back soon so no more AOO' DISH NEH lately.

DAN

Dan I remember Bob showing me that antler a couple years ago. He tried convincing me that it was a Coues deer but I just couldn't buy it. I'd say muley but that's just my two cents. It is a killer antler though and one heck of a conversation piece regardless of what it is. Thanks for posting all the pics, those are some sweet deer for sure!