Sign in to follow this  
308Nut

Still no dream ram but check out this goat. (PIX)

Just before the start of the season I was up looking for a ram I had seen last year. I dint ever find him but before I went after another one 5 miles further, I stumbled on this mountain goat. This would be the billy of a lifetime for most goat hunters.

ENJOY!

HPIM1891.JPG

HPIM1916.JPG

HPIM19081.JPG

HPIM1932.JPG

HPIM1936.JPG

Guest 300ultramag.

good god..... that is a beautiful specimen... is that near turnagain?

side note: do you put in for the bison hunt?

good god..... that is a beautiful specimen... is that near turnagain?

side note: do you put in for the bison hunt?

No where near Tunagain. 5300' in the middle of the Talkeetna mountains of all places. I never even heard of goats living in that mountain range. He truly is a nomad

Dude, that is one cool billy. Why don't you come back down here where there are blue skies? It seems like all your pictures have cloudy backgrounds. I sure hope you can get blue skies in the background of my moose pictures :)

What kind of elevation do you hunt at for rams? I read the 5300 and figured it would be higher, but i don't know much about hunting in AK. I know i would rather hunt at 5k than 8k+. I are noticed a lack of breath in he high stuff since i moved back from Flag.

I had a chance to watch (from a distance) some billies this past Spring, they are phenomenal, breathtaking animals! Stunning pictures!!!

Great pics, Amigo! That is one nice Billy! Looks like you were pretty close to him at some point?

I lived in talkeetna for two years and we never saw a ton of goats up there but they are there. Well obviously. That is a great goat though thanks for the pics.

What kind of elevation do you hunt at for rams? I read the 5300 and figured it would be higher, but i don't know much about hunting in AK. I know i would rather hunt at 5k than 8k+. I are noticed a lack of breath in he high stuff since i moved back from Flag.

Anywhere between 4000 and 6000 feet. Some rams live higher like 6000 to 7500' but after 5500-6000 feet around these parts you need to be a technical mountaineer. I have killed most of my rams between 5000-5500 feet.

Great pics, Amigo! That is one nice Billy! Looks like you were pretty close to him at some point?

25 yards.

Dude, that is one cool billy. Why don't you come back down here where there are blue skies? It seems like all your pictures have cloudy backgrounds. I sure hope you can get blue skies in the background of my moose pictures :)

Dont hold your breath. This is one of the darkest, coldest wettest summers in a long time. Count on clouds, rain and cold. Did I mention rain? Oh yeah, rain.