Sign in to follow this  
MangeyJoe

I'm Looking At A Savage

I just bought a Ruger M77 Hawkeye. I also have two other Rugers in the M77 mark II models and love each one. light and accuarte. They cost a little more but I have had nothing but good luck with them. I will post pics of the new one as soon as the scope shows up. Check out Q's Guns on the Internet though He can get you a great deal on Ruger, Remington and Savage.

My 2 cents.

I have have a Savage 110FP in 25-06 that is a very accurate gun, but heavy (would be a perfect antelope gun, if I could ever draw a tag). Also have a 14 American Classic in .300 WSM that is my "Go-To" rifle. I'm very happy with both.

I've never owned a Remington rifle, but I really like the 700 CDL. I'd love to have one of those in .257 Wby Mag.

After doing research, I'm going back to a trusty Remington 700SPS or 770 in a .270 or 25-06. I love the remington brand and It was my first firearm I ever had. I bought the Remington 870 12 gauge when I was 19 and I pass it down to my kids. Along with the next Remington Rifle I get.

I held a 770, and got the vibe that something was not right... The 700 SPS fits me and my hands like a glove, I have owned and shot it before with factory sights and it was simply made for me.

I have a Model 110 .270 with the accu trigger.......I shoot Winchester model 70 pre64 30-06, Remington 7400 30-06 and back east and out here I hunt with a Remington .243 and .270....I love my .270 its affordable and does the job well very well. I've never shot a Coues maybe this year but if you can hit a jackrabbit from 500yrds center mass with a crappy BSA scope...it'll do the trick. I'm hunting with mine this year..Good luck. :blink:

What about the 700 ADL? Is it any good?

Well, after doing research, I found out that the remington ADL's have been discontinued? :(

I just bought a Ruger M77 Hawkeye. I also have two other Rugers in the M77 mark II models and love each one. light and accuarte. They cost a little more but I have had nothing but good luck with them. I will post pics of the new one as soon as the scope shows up. Check out Q's Guns on the Internet though He can get you a great deal on Ruger, Remington and Savage.

My 2 cents.

. + 1 on that. While my savage is more accurate, I have a m77 hawkeye rocky mountain elk foundation special edition ( gold embossed floorplate with elk and rmef logo) in30-06 that is what I use for elk and bear and any other bigger game. It is beatifyl with the walnut stock and red recoil pad. I've always had a soft dpot on my heart for beautiful wood guns. It shoots 7/8 th inch groups @ 100 yards. Only don't like the bolt release mechanism that is a little chunky ruins the streamlined look but it still is a great gun. Got mine at a gunshoq new for 700 bucks. Tip browse gun shows you cam fund great deals on new and used guns.

Well, after doing research, I found out that the remington ADL's have been discontinued? :(

You can still find them if you look around. Try gunbroker.com

I have heard alot of talk about replacing the trigger mech. in the Remington. I have not done any trigger work on all three Rugers that I own. Great smoooth trigger pull right out of the box.

couesobsession, Yes my first Ruger M77 Mark II 7MM Mag stainless synthetic I won at at an Elk Foundation banquet after I bought about $100 in raffle tickets. Since then it has killed two Coues over 100" and two elk. I will not hesitate to shoot my 7mm out to 500 yards. I bought another one this year due to my brother and I getting an elk tag. He did not have a rifle so I took the opportunity to buy me a new toy. M77 Hawkeye 7MM mag, stainless with a camo synthetic stock. I hope my scope shows up this week. I paid $625 for it new.

I looked on Gun Broker and there are some good deals but I was leary of buying a rifle sight unsean so I went with a new one.

Ruger my 2 cents

I will look into the Ruger. Thanks for all your personal insight

I will look into the Ruger. Thanks for all your personal insight

Joe, dude! Ajohunter told you already is selling his Remington 700 270 WSM at an excellent price. Gggsss man! Hello? any body there??

Ernesto C B) :)