Sign in to follow this  
joeybari

Something to think about

Something to think about

Its October or November or better yet December morning 4:45 or 5:00, just finished walk about 1 to 3 miles to the spot that you have been scouting all summer long thinking to your self this is it, game time all the scouting, planning, shooting, talking and mapping comes down to this hunt.

As you reach that final step you look up at the stars in the sky and think to your self its going to be beautiful day and the suns going to be up soon let me get settled in and prepared for that moment when that burst of light hits the enormous landscape in front of you.

Softly placed down that rifle you practiced with all year long. Tripod comes out wow that cold shiver hits you from the 2 mile walk you just did in about 3 seconds not realizing Sweat is a killer, but who cares Im out here in the middle of gods country doing what I love. Throw on that jacket that’s covering up the binos you clean on Tuesday night.

All set bino, tripod up and ready, gun close great spot to glass standing or sitting. Ok I have 5 min to reflect, let me eat a power bar real quick sip of water thinking to your self going to start glassing there and then pan real slow that way.

Suns coming up place your eyes on the bino and here we go, just waiting to say those magic words those sweet words.

Bob I see one and he’s big.

That is a wonderful feeling.

I just hope its not replaced with:

I left the bullets in the truck (me)

My tag is on my dresser (friend)

That is a wonderful feeling.

I just hope its not replaced with:

I left the bullets in the truck (me)

My tag is on my dresser (friend)

that to bro

Or what has hapened to me plenty of times is some other hunters (real loud and careless) walk past you not even notice you and ruins your mourning at least. :angry:

I got the chills when I read your post. I cant wait!! :rolleyes:

+1! It is the best and its going to be awesome!

Or what has hapened to me plenty of times is some other hunters (real loud and careless) walk past you not even notice you and ruins your mourning at least. :angry:

+1

Whats even funnier is you and your hunting partner are sitting there ready to find that animal you have been scouting. You spot him and then other hunters walk into the area. You watch that animal hunker down and let the hunters pass and then you drop him 5 min later after he steps out from behind the tree.

Later you come across the same hunters and they see you have a deer down and they say we did not see anything all day.

Slow down and look then look again.

I got the chills when I read your post. I cant wait!! :rolleyes:
Me 2!

So when you pass by the other hunters truck, the ones that busted your stand, do you lower the tire pressure on their rig?

wow that post was almost like reading playboy!!!!! LOL :o

LOL

So when you pass by the other hunters truck, the ones that busted your stand, do you lower the tire pressure on their rig?

lol i won't admit that i did it :unsure:

Better than revenge, talk to them about sitting and looking instead of walking. I too was once a new hunter with no mentor to help me. I had to learn as I went. People I met in the field provided some of the best lessons. Learning on Elk taught me to walk, walk and then walk some more. Deer and sheep have taught me to walk then SIT and LOOK. Maybe others need to learn this lesson too.