Sign in to follow this  
roninflag

proper "bear/whitetail " rifle

I shot my 1st javelina 33 years ago with a borrowed model 94. What a great gun!

I like 94s a lot now. I hated em as a kid, he safety of squeezin the handle bugged me. I bought my dad a trapper in. 357 and he shot a javelina this past year with it. 94 yards and prone using fiber optic bead and peep. Its a neat gun. It fits completely in my eberlestock scabard. Makes a great haul any where gun. I want a trapper with a red dot. I think it would work real slick but wouldn't quite look right.

i pack a .30/30 a lot. bought another one at the last gunshow i went to even. sierra makes a 125 gr hollowpoint, flatnose, .307 diameter bullet for .30/30's. if you handload, get some and use em. they are far better than the old 150's and 170's. you can get a lot better velocity and the hollowpoint really works well. they make those new leverevolutions, but the only experience i have with them is in a .45/70. but try the 125's. they work well. Lark.

First coyote I shot was with a Winchester 30-30 lever action, that I borrowed which too big for vermint but excellent for deer/bear... GREAT GUN!!!! BEST OF LUCK!!!!