bstpeter

Fishing Blue Ridge reservoir

Anyone have any luck fishing here. I went last year and spent 5hrs getting a suntan and buzz but no fish. I didn't see anyone with a fish at all. I've never had a problem catching trout or bass in every lake I've fish but this place has me stumped. Well guess where my friend wants to go fishing this weekend..I personally like Long Lake better caught some nice Northern Pike with my 4 yr old son last year and it has easy access but hey I might not have much of a say in this one.

Good luck man! I fished there years ago with some friends on a boat. Gorgeous lake and I know there are some great fish in there but we never caught a single fish and i haven't been back since! I know this doesn't help at all, but maybe you can use my thoughts to persuade your buddy to go elsewhere! LOL! Good luck, JIM>

Me my dad and brother fished it a few years back and had a blast. We kept the trolling motor going and were casting spinners to the shore and burning them back to the boat (it was almost like bass fishing). Have not fished it since so don't know if that helps you, it is a beautiful lake but doesn't have any bass :P

I'll probably have to spotlight at night with lots a bait maybe chum a bit. Thanks sounds like it might be another drinking spot rather then fishing spot. I'd like to see a picture of a fish caught in Blue Ridge. I think I might have to sneak up to Long again, ty again. Jim I swear you drove by me the other day I live in the NW valley around 83rd ave and Deerless valley

I'll probably have to spotlight at night with lots a bait maybe chum a bit. Thanks sounds like it might be another drinking spot rather then fishing spot. I'd like to see a picture of a fish caught in Blue Ridge. I think I might have to sneak up to Long again, ty again. Jim I swear you drove by me the other day I live in the NW valley around 83rd ave and Deerless valley

Very possible, I grew up right there, actually back in the day when we'd shoot coyotes with deer rifles laid over the ditch along deer valley just west of 83rd! Use to be nothing but fields and orange groves around there and actually a deer or two in the hills just north of that! My parents still live at 88th and Deer Valley. Dad drives a new silver GMC that's lifted with a winch, I lately have been driving a white toyota with CWT.com sticker or a grey F-150 4dr.

Good luck man! I fished there years ago with some friends on a boat. Gorgeous lake and I know there are some great fish in there but we never caught a single fish and i haven't been back since! I know this doesn't help at all, but maybe you can use my thoughts to persuade your buddy to go elsewhere! LOL! Good luck, JIM>

That was a long time ago....

HA!! Pat my man glad to see your still kickin'! You remember exactly which trip that was huh! That was A LONG time ago! And yes, I still haven't been back! Fun trip, amazing one of a kind lake though, but I think you need to have some serious trout fishin' skills there or hit it on the right day....probably both! JIM>

thats funny jim i grew up hunting quail in that same area all the way back to 67th and jomax.

as for fishing....skip blue ridge and go to long lake and troll spinners.

My wife and I went up to Blue Ridge in October, was a little cold but beautiful during the day. Not a lot of success but was very windy. My wife caught two trout using spinner bait while I was rowing the canoe. Would not go back to fish but would for the scenery and the camp site.

I grew up in Strawberry and have fished Blueridge at least a thousand times. Ive caught more trout out of there than I can count. Recent years have been really hard on BR and Knoll. Ive seen BR so low you could literally step over it. I believe that niether of those lakes are stocked any more and theres no limit from Sept to May. There used to be some beautiful fish in BR. Try hiking down Trail 18, look for the sign just as your able to see the lake from the road. If its spilling over try fishing below the dam.