Sign in to follow this  
MangeyJoe

Is This Legal?

I heard that baiting is illegal in AZ and I also heard that baiting is legal only for predators... Is baiting illegal for predators like coyotes, fox, and bobcat? how about mountain lion?

post-4501-1283744107.jpg

It is illegal to bait migratory birds and bears in Arizona, that's it.

I know you can't bait for bears for any reason, also you can't bait migratory birds for the purpose of hunting. However, I think you are allowed to bait other predators. I'm not %100 percent sure though

I don't have the intentions of baiting a bear, buck, birds, Velociraptors, etc... All I want to attract some yotes, and get my lion I been waiting all year to get but someone stole my trail cam I had set up :angry: (A month old Bushnell 5MP Sentry which was locked up with a masterlock specifically made for trail cams) in Unit 22, by Mt. Ord a week and a half ago (A whole 3 days of collecting photos down the drain !), all that patience, and even a sleepless night wondering about all the scouting photos that have been snapped for nothing... PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE & THEIR STUFF ANYMORE! 160 dollar trail cam stolen and probably smashed by some tree hugger S.O.B's.

I would post a reward if someone recovers it but I doubt that would happen. As I said, I get the impression that some tree huggers smashed it after stealing it.

post-4501-1283748228.jpg

any lock you put on those cams can be easy to get off!

the hole you put the lock through is PLASTIC!

you have to get a bear box or make your own to at least make them work for it.

if they want it bad enough they will take it

you wouldn't lock your work tool box with a plastic lock would you?

i know there is some debate over cams but it is still your property.

thieves suck!

james

I'm so pissed off that someone stole my only trail cam... I Hate Thieves!!! I don't steal people stuff that they work hard to buy and own, it's rediculous.

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Lots of people on here have gotten cams stolen....is there a ton of these things for sale in the paper??? Sounds like a flippn business like stealing car stereos and going to a pawn shop. I was going to buy one this year but I'm not sure I could handle a 200.00 cam getting stolen I'd freak out. To bad you can't booby trap the thing, I'd slather it in doe n heat so no one would want it in the car with them. Sorry bout your cam

Lots of people on here have gotten cams stolen....is there a ton of these things for sale in the paper??? Sounds like a flippn business like stealing car stereos and going to a pawn shop. I was going to buy one this year but I'm not sure I could handle a 200.00 cam getting stolen I'd freak out. To bad you can't booby trap the thing, I'd slather it in doe n heat so no one would want it in the car with them. Sorry bout your cam

Naw, I have a dick of a cousin up in the Heber area who likes to snag them, and toss em. If you ever see him, punch him in the face for me. I actually had a dream last night that I beat the crap out of him