Sign in to follow this  

had to be a 7mm/08

That story, and others like it, makes my heart hurt. Mercy, in all its forms, is a learned skill that many of us are ill-prepared to give when required.

Sorry for waxing so philosophical!

well maybe it was a 270

:mellow: :huh: ^_^ ;) :D :lol:

JUST KIDDING

Just kidding

I read about this a few days ago. Think about it; 17 times. Who has ever shot at one animal continously 17 times? You would think after shot 4 or 5 he might say "man somethin aint right" and move on to another body part.

I read about this a few days ago. Think about it; 17 times. Who has ever shot at one animal continously 17 times? You would think after shot 4 or 5 he might say "man somethin aint right" and move on to another body part.

Times are getting tough for agencies...

02deputy_gomer_pyle19.jpg

;)

and I've shot at animals plenty of times. 17? I think I did that once with a coyote who must have been a D-Day hero reincarnated. Ground exploding all around him, but no where near hitting him. <_<

Monday morning quarter backing is easy. I beleive that is a pretty big town and the officer probably has never hunted before and has no clue what to do. Although one would think a head shot would work. The article is unclear as to the back drop or surroundings so who knows. Ive been lucky in my career as a cop and have been able to put most animals down with one shot.

i was just tryin' to make fun o' 7mm/08's, not cops. Lark.

Now that's funny! :D

TJ

No I know you were not bashing cops. I didnt tell you the story about when I used a department 22 caliber to shoot a ferret and missed it seven times. Come to find out the scope wasnt sighted in. I became the brunt of jokes still to this day. Oh well the secrets out!

For those new members that don't know about Larks and my disagreement about what is a good youth caliber and his bashing of the 7MM-08 these pictures of his bent barreled 30-30 may shed some light as to why he is jealous of my Girls 7-08.

post-1778-1284834978_thumb.jpg

High quality scope mount with compensation for the bent barrel

post-1778-1284835008_thumb.jpg

Complete with incline meter and windage reader.

post-1778-1284835036_thumb.jpg

;) :rolleyes:

This is killing me. Laughing so hard, I'm having trouble reading any more posts. :lol: :lol: :lol: