Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Gunna Go Postal!

Nobody likes a crybaby. If you know who covered your cam then why not confront/talk to them about it rather than complaining about it on the web?Better yet initiate a civil conversation and squash the whole thing personally think it was wrong of you to put a cam on a tank someone was obviously hunting waaa waaa you sucked me in to this high school bs.

People like you drive me nuts. I was there on this hunt and I think what was done was definitely called for. As said in the opening post we seen their blind when we put the camera up and left it alone. Trust me we were hoping to run into these guys to confront them. But that being said we had a tag that needed to be filled. We did not have time to be running around looking for people that don't know how to respect other hunters equipment. As said many times a simple piece of tape over the flash would have been respectful. Us trying to find the couple of people that did this would be like me trying to you just knowing your forum name. Odds are not that good. Like said so many other times threads like this is just letting people know behavior like this will not be tollerated. Never bite off more than you can chew......

IMO these guys got what they deserved! They showed them respect by leaving their blind alone when the camera was setup..now these guys need to show the same! They have no right to mess with the camera..and i promise if they would of been in the blind C&S would have confronted them ;)

+1 to ehunt and cummins rig.

I was there too and it was MY hunt being impacted. I have a good feeling the new owner of this duck blind is a regular on here and am surprised he hasn't sent a PM or replied to this forum. I am very curious how his duck hunt ended. Believe me, our crew would have loved to converse with the culprit. Unfortunately, we had a lot of ground to cover and never again saw the folks we thought MIGHT be responsible. Who knows, maybe they were squirrel hunters.

Was the 'high road" taken, no. However, we matched their punch, nothing more. No theft on their part, none on ours. However, a point needed to be made as it gets old busting your tail, sharing a resource only to have somebody else want it all to themselves.

We knew what elk were there because we had watched them for 4 days from a long way off. Our bull, one of 15 bulls hitting that water, hit the trees at grey light everyday and watered at night. Before we barged through bedding areas potentially ruining it for everybody, we used a camera. Only out of respect to the other hunter we believed MIGHT be sitting that water did we NOT blow every elk in there out of the country. Believe me we could have, but that would be selfish. Plenty of good bulls there for 2 hunters to share the resource. When we approached the tank, we went to the opposite side from their blind, set our camera and left no impact on their hunt.

Cover the flash during your sit if its truly a problem, remove tape when you leave. We could have lived with that. These duck hunters are lucky CnS didn't let me leave a fresh pile of chorizo residue on their chairs!

To those of you who claim to be so much better, may the good Lord spread your patience. I have a hard time getting sucker punched and walking away. This is not much different than the dang hippie who hooped and hollered his way to my blind one night attempting to scatter my bull to the next county. He about became a floating duck decoy himself.

Thanks fellas for the support. For those of you reading and following this thread, you can read the anger in the words of the good members that were with me that day, guys that have a far higher tollerance for people than I often exhibit. My actions were heavily weighed and were caried out alone as my friends looked on.... this was not a rude prank carried carried out for fun.... it was a message sent with a lot of heart felt feeling. We as hunters must consider the weight of our actions in the field and it will help for things like this to happen less in the future. I thank ALL the posters and readers of this thread for being a part of it and hopefully taking a little perspective away from it as well.

Cheers.

good for you.In your case it seems obvious who did but make sure you blame the right person. i was blamed one time for messing with someones camera because they found my camera 1/2 mile away with my picture on my own. the feeling of being blames for something you didn't do sucks too.

yep the ame thing happened to me this year in the august deer season. Someone had set thier cam 5ft away from mine after i had mine up for 2 days and then a couple weeks later i heard from a friend that the owner of that camera had accused me of messing with his cam. the nerve some people have :angry:

I think you acted pretty reasonably. I have had two cameras stolen this year. It really sucks when people mess with your stuff. The first one that was stolen cost me 300 and I had only had it for a week. The next one cost around two hundred and I was able to manage 50 pics off it before it was jacked. I am now stuck using cameras that cost around 100 hoping and praying they aren't stolen. I would have probably confronted the guy myself. Although I have a pretty bad temper when people mess with myself so it probably wouldn't have been pretty. Kudos for you for just moving their stuff and not destroying their property

I have personaly walked by dozens of other hunters cameras and blinds, never disabling or stealing a thing.... so far I've never had anything of mine tampered with, but the first time it happens, It's on!! Well done Gino. City hunters might have a different outlook.....just sayin.

Every time I set a trail camera or drop a lick I cant help thinking when I'm walking away "I hope nobody finds or messes with my stuff"… and when my stuff does get tampered with, it’s the worst feeling because trail-cam scouting does builds anticipation!!! For someone to mess with your camera is straight up against hunter ethics in my book, don't touch other peoples stuff right. With that said, personally, I don’t think I would have left my camera in an area that was actively being hunted in the first place...because I would be asking for some a-hole, that I don’t know, to disappear with my trail-cam…again.

I made a security box for my first cam and it was destroyed the day after I left it . During work I felt there was something wrong and I went to see right after work. I found my box destroyed and the cam and solar panel gone. This welded box was ripped open, it must have taken them/him/her quite some time to get it open. I have made changes to my boxes, no problems yet. YOU DID LESS THAN WHAT I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE UNDER THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR SELF FOR SHOWING MORE CONTROL THAN MOST OF US DESPITE WHAT THEY SAY. I DON'T UNDERESTIMATE WHAT TRUE ANGER BRINGS ME TOO. I HAVE LEARNED TO CONTROL IT, I BELIEVE YOU HAVE AS WELL, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright you all remember the year before last.... http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=10035&hl=

These guys erased my SD card....

And Last Year.... http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=13698&hl=

So this Year the same guys....

Obviously archery elk is right after archery deer... and I had my cam on that tree all summer looking for bulls for Cowman... Archery deer comes around and my Camera is missing DAYS worth of pics then I get a pic of a Log blocking my camera... hence no pics for days at a time! Keep in mind I did avoid the waterhole during when I knew these guys were hunting out of good ethics, but will not be so kind in the future.

THEN!

Then during the elk hunt we had been watching about 30-40 elk rutting in a basin for days and had one bull that was always in the thickets before daylight... we would just catch him leaving his cows in the grey light to head for bed... and knew he had to be watering in the dark so went to the only waterhole near where they were rutting and set up a quick cam.... as we left we noticed a ground blind, and thought it might be another elk hunter, but possibly a deer blind (as my blind was still out as well). Anyhow we figured the cam was safe and they would respect it because we respected their blind. Keep in mind there are no roads to this waterhole. We leave the cam up for about 4 days, while we hunted other bulls, figuring we would surely have the pics we desired upon our return. As I approached my camera, the blind was still there and it was obvious I had an issue... the cam was there but duct-taped inoperable! And a note under the tape "Informing" me that I had errored in putting a camera up where they were hunting! Telling me that the "Flash was scaring away all Their elk." Now keep in mind I had 35 pics on the card and half were at night half in the light of morning/evening.... and all the elk were very normal acting in the pics and multiple pics in most occations (bulls and cows), for day and a 1/2 or so... then nothing... and the last pic before the piture of duct-tape was a daylight picture of a bull leaving the water infront of the blind!

So twice in a month I have been sabotaged by other hunters... it was more than I could bare! Anyhow... I have 2 other CW.com'ers as witnesses....and I (w/o breaking anything) turned their precious elk pop-up into a duck blind.... Hope they bring waders to their next sitting! And if anyone hears this story from the "other side"....please tell your friend that tampering is a 2-way street.... stealing my camera or stealing my pics wastes my gas and time and equipment just the same. I am courtious to ALL other gear I find in the woods (and I find a lot of gear)... I will no longer tolerate those who tamper with my gear. I have had blinds stollen, cameras screwed with and more... I'm done... I am now willing to throw (or take) a beating to stand for what is mine... Bring it on or simply Leave my $hit alone!!!!!

Thank You for reading my Rant! rolleyes.gif