Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Gunna Go Postal!

good for you.In your case it seems obvious who did but make sure you blame the right person. i was blamed one time for messing with someones camera because they found my camera 1/2 mile away with my picture on my own. the feeling of being blames for something you didn't do sucks too.

turned it into a duck blind. that is one of the best lines i ever heard. shoulda burned it and pissed out the ashes. duck blind. i love that. welcome to the club. Lark.

Never owned a trail cam and sure haven't ever touched one but I could understand being concerned that a flash going off while an elk is watering could frighten it and change it's behavior. I don't know enough about these. Are they supposed to be infrared flashes that the animals don't see or are they white light flashes? I agree your equipment shouldn't have been tampered with but I sure wouldn't want to have a bright light flashing at all the animals that come into a water hole that I'm hunting. I'm still not convinced these cameras are as innocuous as many of you think. I don't think he was entirely unreasonable by simply disabling it and leaving a note explaining why. I would have thought much more of your response if you had done it with class and asked for a number to speak with the other hunter or left your own explanation as to why you had placed the camera.

bone collector its stated in the note that they were sitting that hole and the flash was scaring off the annimals.

its funny i had the total opposite happen this week had my trail cam slip and fall to the ground and another hunter slid it back up and tightend the straps. leaving a note to that affect.

and i had my blind set on a water hole and decsided not to sit it one day my mistake the next morning i found a note saying they had found my blind and you were not in it so we sat in the brush blind in front and shot a bull last night sorry if it pisse you off my 13 old only had one more day and it was his first bull with a bow.

bone collector its stated in the note that they were sitting that hole and the flash was scaring off the annimals.

its funny i had the total opposite happen this week had my trail cam slip and fall to the ground and another hunter slid it back up and tightend the straps. leaving a note to that affect.

and i had my blind set on a water hole and decsided not to sit it one day my mistake the next morning i found a note saying they had found my blind and you were not in it so we sat in the brush blind in front and shot a bull last night sorry if it pisse you off my 13 old only had one more day and it was his first bull with a bow.

Your right I stand corrected.

With all due respect to the "flash" issue.... if indeed they had witnessed the flash "scare away" elk then a piece of tape over my flash while they hunted would have solved that problem... and considering that I have several pics in a row of the same elk in the dark not just on this hole but on others as well, I'm not so sure I would agree with their reasoning... not to metion had they been in the blind while my cam was in opperation they would have shot the best bull that was rutting in that basin at the time, because I have him on camera! ;)

I have not accused anyone, although I am pretty sure I know the guy's first name and what he drives and that his Dad had the tag... that was why they were sitting water and by placing the camera, I was actually doing them a favor by not working these elk... We had looked at all the bulls there but one, and knew he had to be watering at night due to his "grey light" behavior... we knew he was a 7x7 but were not convinced he was the kind of bull we were looking for, so a cam was far less invasive than us running circles around them as they sat. ;)

Thanks for the Support and the Humor.... ;)

cw4192..... as always, it must suck to the Rightious 1% that you are.... :rolleyes:

Amen!!!!!!! Well said! It sucks that it had to come down to that but, it nice that you took the high road and gave their dirty blind a bath for them.

I'm so tired of Dirt Bags!!!

With all due respect to the "flash" issue.... if indeed they had witnessed the flash "scare away" elk then a piece of tape over my flash while they hunted would have solved that problem... and considering that I have several pics in a row of the same elk in the dark not just on this hole but on others as well, I'm not so sure I would agree with their reasoning... not to metion had they been in the blind while my cam was in opperation they would have shot the best bull that was rutting in that basin at the time, because I have him on camera! ;)

I agree. If a little camera flash spooks game then what would lightening do to them?

Here is a tip I use in placing my cameras.

When placing your trail camera to watch a rub line or scrape you should elevate the camera well above the eyelevel of the animal and have it looking down on the desired area. A flash coming from above will not bother these wary critters as much as if was at eye level. It is believed that the flash coming from above is similar to lightning and does not scare the bucks. This also applies to the IR flash cameras.

It seems to work. I have thousands of night pictures of the same few deer over the last year and a half. Now if I can get them to show up in day light during archery season in a completely different story :o

detox

I just have one question, what justifies what you did compared to them? They tampered with your stuff, so instead of being the bigger man you do the same?

Maybe its just me but I was always raised to be the bigger man... Just sayin..

I just have one question, what justifies what you did compared to them? They tampered with your stuff, so instead of being the bigger man you do the same?

Maybe its just me but I was always raised to be the bigger man... Just sayin..

Now Casey.... :rolleyes: ... those of us that know you, know that you are a Big Man.... but that you have often stuggled to be a Bigger Man.... and that you of all people would surely not have been as "Nice" as I was by "placing the blind in an upright possition" in the water for future hunting. You would'a been a Hot Mother... and so was I... these guys must learn that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.... and that is natures law. I will continue to respect others equipment until the momment they do not grant me the same respect... and then I will show them where they were wrong. It is simple, treat me and my stuff how you would like to be treated.... and I will oblige you. These guys keep pushing when you take the high road... I've been taking it long enough to know... so this is my proclamation to all who read is that I will no longer be willing to ignore the stupidity and arrogance of other hunters... beat me staight up and it is all yours.... sucker punch me and I might just kick you in the twig & berries... ;)

Your right, sometimes with words I dont always take the high road, but I think I do a little better than normal with taking the high road in person/actions...\

Especially over the last two years.. SOMETHING has effected my life, ya know?

im sure theres another side to this.. i wouldnt mind speculating...

I'm sure you would Cupcake... ;) ... Once again I stand with clear conscience before all the www. and God as my witness.... I don't hide in the shadows and throw sucker punches.... I stand right here with Nothing to hide. I took a high road and sent a message that incourages respect for others. I am proud to share this story with the good guys of this website who suffer from the same BS in the woods by Pecker heads like this. One of these days you will meet me in person and you might even get to witness how much respect I have for those with good ethics and how little I have for those who don't. ;)