Sign in to follow this  
GingerRam

A Couple of my Mounts - New addition included

Hello All -

I wanted to drop a couple photo's of my mounts. Both shoulder mounts were done by Dean Lippert and crew at Lippert Doyle Taxidermy in Tucson. The Late John Doyle did most of my fathers mounts and it was a logical step for me to take my stuff to Dean. I couldn't be happier.

The Coues is pretty special to me for a number of reasons. First, this is the largest "Ghost" I have taken to date. Second, this was the last successful deer hunt that my dad was able to join me on. He still goes to camp with me but isn't able to make it back into the sticks.. You'll notice that the mount is a bit faded, my fault. When I had this mount in its original location it got a ton of sunlight. It is important to choose a good location for your mounts that protects them from these things. I think that is often overlooked... Having said all that, I think I will keep it just as is, broken skull cap (Thanks UPS delivery guy in Seattle) and all... Dean fixed that too BTW.....Ughh.

The little antler mount was the first Coues I was able to take.. Jim Levy, another one of my dad's cronies did that for me as they used the cape for a customer that popped his Coues in the head...

I just picked up the Muley from Dean on Saturday. This deer, as they all are, is special in that this was my first archery hunt (Jan 2010), the first animal I pulled my bow back on and my first Muley.. I really like the pose and the detail that the guys were able to recreate, right down to the scar on this old boys face.

That's it for now..

Mark

post-3873-1286809045.jpg

post-3873-1286809056.jpg

Very nice, and two great looking bucks. Good job.

-Ryan