Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Blind Hunting

Getting ready to try using a blind on a trail this year, first time ever.

Starting to wonder about the things I should or shouldn't do.

For example......is it bad to eat sunflower seeds while I am sitting there???

Eat a Payday????

Drink a Dr. Pepper???

Never done it before, any ideas on that kinda stuff???

My dad shoots deer out of a blind after farting, burping, eating candy bars and smoking cigs. Don't place your blind on the trail and make sure you can stay with the wind in a direction that doesn't blow your sent in the general direction of your hunting lanes. I wouldn't recommend doing all that burping and smoking. I personally take everything I eat out of a wrapper and place them in plastic baggies which make less noise. If they sent ya but can't see you they still may come your way movement in my opinion is something that ruins your hunt. The blind will keep you from being seen (hopefully) and you may have the extra time to get your sights on him. I'm not using a blind this year but am buying some camouflage style netting so I can use it still hunting just to block my movement a bit. Good luck

DO NOT USE those blind chairs. I don't care what you guys say I have over 5 deffernt ones and they all suck. I now use a Lawn chair but you better watch it you will fall asleep. GAMES GAMES GAMES little electronic games help the time pass by just make sure you turn the sound off. Do not soak you elk or deer meat in tyerakie (sp) sauce and make jerkey it does get really smelly in the blind but the deer will still come in but they are on edge.

DO NOT USE those blind chairs. I don't care what you guys say I have over 5 deffernt ones and they all suck. I now use a Lawn chair but you better watch it you will fall asleep. GAMES GAMES GAMES little electronic games help the time pass by just make sure you turn the sound off. Do not soak you elk or deer meat in tyerakie (sp) sauce and make jerkey it does get really smelly in the blind but the deer will still come in but they are on edge.

Just when I told my 13 year old that he couldn't pack his gameboy in with him :blink:

Playing games is a good way to stay quiet and still. I have a video poker game that stays in my hunting vest just for sitting. I think a blind is just more comfortable, and is the best way to go in the rain.

Playing games is a good way to stay quiet and still. I have a video poker game that stays in my hunting vest just for sitting. I think a blind is just more comfortable, and is the best way to go in the rain.

So now I am gonna teach my kid how to play poker while he is supposed to be deer hunting??? We have come a long way from hunting back in the day haven't we......he likes those electronic poker games his grandma taught him how to use one of those......