Sign in to follow this  
AZ FSJ'r

Opening Day Bucks?? any Pix post them up

I will have a story and pics up hopefully by tomorrow night. We have 1 more tag to fill.

Dude, that is a direct violation of CWT non-official, offical rules. You have to post when you saw "we only have one more tag to fill"

"I will have a story and pics up hopefully by tomorrow night."

There's NO teasing in Coues' Hunting!!!!!! :rolleyes:

--Bill

My dad (antlers) killed a deer, he should have pics and a story soon!! They have 2 or 3 more tags to fill. Good luck to all the lucky people with tags!!!! ;)

My friend drew a 34b tag and he's never been deer hunting so I helped him out. In the morning we saw a bunch of does and hunters so we decided to hike to another area away from everyone and found 3 bucks together. We watched them as they were ready to bed. This one stayed standing under a tree presenting a shot. Ranged it at 370 and watched through my binoculars. BOOM! the buck dropped instantly from the high shoulder shot. Pretty successful hunt for a first timer.

Here's a bad digiscoped picture of the buck right before the shot

IMG00391-20101022-1159.jpg

IMG00401-20101022-1353.jpg

IMG00407-20101022-1440.jpg

Dude, that is a direct violation of CWT non-official, offical rules. You have to post when you saw "we only have one more tag to fill"

You guys are right. It always drives me nuts when people do that. I apologize and will have pics up within the next few minutes :P

My friend drew a 34b tag and he's never been deer hunting so I helped him out. In the morning we saw a bunch of does and hunters so we decided to hike to another area away from everyone and found 3 bucks together. We watched them as they were ready to bed. This one stayed standing under a tree presenting a shot. Ranged it at 370 and watched through my binoculars. BOOM! the buck dropped instantly from the high shoulder shot. Pretty successful hunt for a first timer.

I got on a few bucks yesterday in 34b also. About the same range, but I was not confident in my position taking a shot. I watched them for a while, waiting for them to bed so I could move. I was totally exposed on a hillside across from them, so I just had a burrito and kept an eye on them. I got closer, but got busted by a doe. I don't think the bucks left the area though. I will get back there tomorrow.

Did you hear the shoot-fest some jackalope decided to hold yesterday? At first I was like jeez, who carries that much ammo hunting? After an hour of shots being fired, I figured it was some jealous sob that was trying to screw it up for everyone else. The deer I was watching did not seem to mind, but it could not have helped our situation.

fatbastard,

Yeah I heard that too and was thinking the same thing. We must've pretty close to each other. I wonder if we ever saw you because we saw quite a few other hunters, probably at least 10.

fatbastard,

Yeah I heard that too and was thinking the same thing. We must've pretty close to each other. I wonder if we ever saw you because we saw quite a few other hunters, probably at least 10.

If you saw a fat bastard climbing a mountain and said to yourself "only an idiot would go up there", then you saw me. I walked away from the rig at 0500. I saw quite a few sets of lights come up the road behind us. I thought we might have shown up in time to get the spot I wanted, wrong. I got to the place I wanted to head out from and saw a truck parked there, so I went the opposite way. I could see the roads from where I was and saw lots of vehicles, but I never saw anyone walking. I only talked to one person the rest of the day, an older guy in a white Chevy with his wife. I was sitting by the road resting my puppies and he pulled up. I told him I spied a few in that "saddle up yonder". He looked where I was pointing and said " there was a day when they would not have been safe. I think they are safe today"

What were you driving, and when did you guys pop that buck? You may have seen my dad, he was "patrolling" the road on his quad and, apparently bs ing every chance he got.

Here is a pic of my dads(antlers) deer.

post-4354-1287976783_thumb.jpg

post-4354-1287976829_thumb.jpg