Sign in to follow this  
joeybari

The wife found out.

Pretty bad when WE are more scared of the wife then the coyotes and drug runners huh! :o Sounds like you should take her down there for protection around camp...

P.S. Also I have a feeling the making love idea may not be happening anytime soon with our amigo guys so we can scratch that idea off the list!! :P

I'm still waiting Will, please teach us........

Kidding aside, a Dec tag is a no-brainer. Some friends I know are camping by a BP Cyclops or spy tower. You can camp in safe spots. Or, compromise and stay in a motel. Problem is if you fold on this, what about next time? Dec tags will only get harder to draw and who knows if you might see another one.

On the other hand, hunting played a part in a long term relationship (10 yrs) of mine going sour. I laid it all out on the table upfront and early with the wonderful young lady I have in my life now. Hunting is not an option, it is a way of life. She still had no idea how seriously addicted I truly was. :blink:

Ok well we “talked last night “

Man it was all about me about me not telling the truth she really was hard on that. I presented to her all the facts regarding safety down south pro/cons GPS tracking, maps, Cords even showed her that verizon cell phone has coverage down there. After all that she tells me

“I don’t care about the safety I trust you to do the right thing all the time no matter what”

“f &^% what im pissed about is the first time that you lie to me its about hunting and for the past 7 years its been going on”.

Man did I felt like an butt big time.

I played off the white lie thing she was not having it (she’s right) I then told her I did not reveal the location on purpose thinking it would help her sleep better at night when Im out hunting she look at me with B/S eyes.

So in short she’s ok with me going thank god. Well goes to show tell the truth no matter what.

Man what a stressfull two days

Guest 300ultramag.

i thought this whole thing was a joke... she has valid reasons for her concerns/fears.. but ummmm yeah you will lose your man card.....

GO!!

its a dec. hunt!!!! youll be done by 8 am opening morning..... then just take a few days to find your OTHER dear!!!! ha ha ha :P

be safe...

Okay I will clarify.....DO NOT bring it up before you start you will never activate the launch sequence. Start off nice and slow and when it gets crazy like riding a bull then metion it like this, " oh ya uh uh hey I am going down south by the border to hunt deer, just thought you would like to know". Now at this point you may get dismounted if not your answer will be yes. Trust me they never pay attention when you are getting the deed done they usually agree on everything like yes yes yes oh thats it yes. So if you say you are going then she will likely say yes. I REPEAT DO NOT ASK JUST TELL HER AND I REPEAT AGAIN DO NOT DO THIS BEFORE OR AFTER. If you do it after she will say "oh now I know why you wanted to do this you always want something in return" LMFAO......OR as she sleeps you can whisper "I am going hunting by the border" and repeat this process about 5 times. This also works great if you want Swaros.....how do think I was able to get mine.

Let me know how it all works out.

I'm with redog check into the spot locater you can send her a message every day letting her know you guys are alright .A buddy of mine has one and it's trick you can even let your parents know you are alright , and when you bag one you can set up a message for that as well. If it keeps the strife out of your marriage its worth all the money in the world.Then send her flowers out of the blue that way you have her all mushy and she will hopefully be willing to listen to your reasoning for this hunt I would open up to her and let her know how important she is to you and explain why you didn't let her know all the information then set up with other hunters that have your hunt that way she can see you have made the best effort to be safe and that she has no reason to mistrust you

good luck bro! ;)

-X-

I feel your pain, a bit. I'm heading out tomorrow to spend a couple of days in 37B by myself. My wife is having a fit.

Well at least you worked it out. Me and my wife get into stuff about hunting and fishing. The good part for me is that her family lives in mesa so when i leave i just have her go to mesa and stay with her folks when i leave. She is happy and i still go hunting. So that is something you can try

two parts to the story here. danger and lying.

I completely understand her concerns with the border dangers. What I don't understand is her saying you're lying. That ain't lying bro. If she trusted you, like she says, then she trusted you! It doesn't matter where you are. Thats like her saying she trusts you not to cheat, then getting mad because you went to a bar, because it might happen. Trust is trust, no matter what the situation. Its a power card she holds now. We as humans look for an edge in situations to gain control, its a natural thing to do and very human but.... not healthy. Truth is, if she ever had reservations about you having a passion other than her, its gonna start showing now. You need to lovingly stand your ground with the lying thing. You DID NOT LIE, and don't let her convince you that you did.

That will be $50.00 please. lol

two parts to the story here. danger and lying.

I completely understand her concerns with the border dangers. What I don't understand is her saying you're lying. That ain't lying bro. If she trusted you, like she says, then she trusted you! It doesn't matter where you are. Thats like her saying she trusts you not to cheat, then getting mad because you went to a bar, because it might happen. Trust is trust, no matter what the situation. Its a power card she holds now. We as humans look for an edge in situations to gain control, its a natural thing to do and very human but.... not healthy. Truth is, if she ever had reservations about you having a passion other than her, its gonna start showing now. You need to lovingly stand your ground with the lying thing. You DID NOT LIE, and don't let her convince you that you did.

That will be $50.00 please. lol

Your right I feel like I did not lie but you know every thing is back to normal Im not going there until after the hunt just want to go on my hunt with a clear head.

but i feel like this need to come up in the begining of the new year

Smart man. The reason I felt I should post is because I've been through it. In my last marriage, I was allowed to hunt but it was always a tit-for-tat situation. "you got to go hunting so I get to do this". Fact is, it was not healthy. In a marriage, both people need to give 100% to the other 100% of the time and do it without any expectations.

I'm glad you worked it out and good luck on your hunt.