Sign in to follow this  
1denogean

Tiffanys Elk Hunt

Well we went up to go check our honey hole the week before the hunt only to find my trail cam stolen. Yeah what losers. Anyways I set up my tree stands regardless what happened I know the area and we scouted more then enough. On Thursday I went to go make sure the elk were still passing through and they were. So Friday morning I woke up only to hear Tiffany yell at me were late!!!! It’s going to be 6 o’clock already! I hurried up slapped on my max 1 and jumped in the jeep to warm it up. She hopped in and we were on our way. Heading to where I park Tiffany spotted the elk going to the area where our stands are. So quickly she jumps out and heads down to them making sure the wind is right. I’m behind her watching, looking for my reed calls only to find out I left them at camp! They caught our movement and all scattered. Not being able to smell us I started calling them just using my own vocals. And they started gathering with a herd of about 12 and what do you know here comes a big 6x6 looking right at tiffany 15-20 yards away. He casually walks to try to get down wind and is hearing me call well at the time a cow comes with him, she whacks the cow and at about 50 yards in front of us goes down. She finishes her off and all the happened in about 60 seconds and only 20 minutes from our camp. Thanks to who read it was a fun hunt.

Simply awesome congrats to the both of you!