Sign in to follow this  
greyghost

Best Smoke Poll?

I am not into blackpower right now, but have often considered getting into it. I think they would be a great challange to hunt with. You also have a slight better chance of drawing a tag for your selected game. What sugestions does anyone have when buying your first muzzleloader?

greyghost

Guest j-dawg

I use a knight extreme .50 SS with a thumbhole stock.. I LOVE IT...

1.5 inch groups at 100 yards...

I have a 6X leapold on top.

300 grain barnes.

j-dawg

I have been thinking about getting one as well. I am clueless, but of course have heard Knight makes a good weapon..........I know I would make sure the scope it appropriate for the gun so it can take the punishment.........Allen........

I

I have never had a desire to shoot a muzzleloader but I eventually want to get a black powder cartridge rifle gun. Probably a 45-120 or 50-140. I have always wanted to shoot a Sharps.

Arizona Griz.

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD TOPIC BUT I JUST READ IT, I SHOOT A THOMPSON 54 CALIBER HAWKEN STYLE MUZZLELOADER, I HAVE HAD IT FOR TWO YEARS AND SHOOT IT PRETTY WELL, I HAVE NOT BEEN DRAWN FOR ANY MUZZLELOADER HUNTS YET, BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT, ALSO A FEW YEARS AGO WE BOUGHT A 45-70 SHARPS REPLICA FOR MY DAD, IT WAS A FUN GUN TO SHOOT, ONE PROBLEM WAS MY DAD COULD NOT SEE THE SIGHTS VERY WELL, HE TRADED IT FOR A MARLIN GUIDE GUN IN 45-70 WHICH HE COULD SHOOT VERY WELL

I recently bought a Knight Disc extreme for a Elk hunt in NM this year and it is really nice and easy to learn and shoot. But, not balanced very well though(front heavy). Maybe they are all like this, this is my first muzzleloader.

Why even bother!! If you are going to hunt with a black powder rifle go with a BLACK POWDER. If you are going to use one of the new disc rifles you should have to put in the genaral hunts. I think that there are two hunters: one that is in it for the kill and one that is in it for the hunt.

Thanks for "YOUR" opinion!

Jason