Santana Outdoors

Best Offroad/ Hyway tires for Coues Country

I have had very good luck with the Nitto Terra Graplers on my truck. I drive a 07 Dodge w/Cummins so they are load range "E" with the thick sidewall and are I think like 34.9" tall from the factory. I have done very well with them going through some semi nasty roads this past weekend on my brothers hunt and never spun a tire.

+1 Nitto Grapplers are a great tire.

Nitto's and Toyos, bfgs are great the bfg sidewall is prob the best out there. I just did the same thing you are right now all the homework myself. I went with the bfg at in the end, but i wanted the nitto trail grappler but it wasnt available in the size i needed. Got good snow and mud work on them last weekend. I wanted the km2's but did not want to have to rotate them every 3000 miles. The hankooks have only a 2 ply sidewall, so do the goodyear duratracs.

Toyo Open country. Hands down the best tire out there. You wont regret it. Ive been thorugh the rest and dont waste your money.

+1 some good rubber...They've passed my tests, I recomend them also. Allthough I'm due for new ones, got like 50,000 out of umm now..The most any tire has lasted at the mercy of my lead foot. Cheaper tires I've bought would last me like 30,000. Probly true, you get what you pay for with tires.

i am working at discount tire and i think your best bet is to go with the hankook dynapro's. we dont sell very many KM2's at my store so i dont know much about them. but the dynapro's are an excellent tire.

Desrthntr, my vehicle is like a heavy 3/4 ton, do you ever see much returns with punctures, rock problems with these? What kind of milage are you seeing out of a set?

Thanks,

you know i have never seen someone come in for a return on them for either. i have never even repaired a dynapro for a flat.... could be they have never come in when i am working, but with the thick tread i think they do really well. i know quite a few guy's that run them on a 3/4 ton and they love them. course its always opinion. you know im not sure about milage, i will ask my boss tomorrow about them and will let you know asap. they seem to handle rocks really well. course with our cert's if you get a puncture in the sidewall so its not re-pairable we will usually be able to give you a new tire, depending on your warranty. im doin all the dirty work so dont quote me warranty wise, but i know i do lots of free tires for a tire thats NR(non-repairable) if we see you have a warranty on your paperwork a new tire goes on.

jnoble,

my Duratracs are load range E with 3 plies in the sidewall and 7 tread plies.

Doug what size are they in the size i wanted they are a 2 ply?

They are 265/75/16

The Duratracs looks good, anyone know where to find the specifics? I am looking for the load range , plys and other info for the LT315/70R17D2 121Q B and cant find it.

None of the websites I can find show the info.

Thanks

Try this.

Part#: 312031142

TIRE SIZE: LT315/70R17

LOAD RANGE: D

SIDEWALL: BSL

RIM WIDTH (min): 8.5

RIM WIDTH (max): 10

RIM WIDTH (standard): 9.5

MAX LOAD (SINGLE): 3195

MAX LOAD (DUAL): 2910

TREAD DEPTH (32nds): 18

REVs PER MILE: 604

WEIGHT: 61.98

TIRE WIDTH: 12.7

MAX PRESSURE (DUAL): 50

MAX PRESSURE (SINGLE): 50

OVERALL DIAMETER: 34.4

OVERALL WIDTH: 12.7

WARRANTY: Limited

DESCRIPTION: 121Q

The Hankook dynapro's I cannot find anywhere the load rating for these? Would you know deserthntr?

sorry it took me a while. depending on the size of the tire you get it will be either D or E