Sign in to follow this  
Ace High Benny

Use for a Mountain Lion

I shot my lion this past February during my pig hunt in 36A. The hide is tanned and is in the freezer, just saving $$ to get a full body mount one day. As for the meat, I personally think it is better than elk, call me crazy. I wish I could fill my tag every year.

I would also rather lion than elk. Real mild taste. I have killed 3 now and they have been awesome. First time I tried it I thought it was weird to eat a cat but not now.

I also tricked my family into eating lion steaks years ago and they all loved it. said it was the best wild game they had ever eaten.

Don't be a SISSY!!! Try it. LOL :P

Thank you all for the replies. I'll look for lions in 36B while I am looking for the whitetail!

Cheers,

Ace

My cousin got a mountain lion in 36B, but I think that is very rare.

Lion is g-r-e-a-t eating! Think about it --- it's been dining on venison it's whole life ...

This is great meat. I had minemade into Italian Sausage (we eat alot of pasta), Brats, Summer Sauage, and beef sticks. All of these are great. Just think about what you like to eat and have it processed so you xan use it in the same way. My wife had never tried any wild game and she was freaked out by the mountian Lion meat but after she tried it she loves it. My little kids love it as well. The best is the brats in my opinion. If you dont like and need to get rid of it I can take it off your hands.