Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

hunters shot at in 36B

Seemed kind of vague to me. How do they know its was illegals? They obviously werent trying to hit anyone or the truck wouldve been plucked at the minimum. Ive seen a lot of jackasses target shooting on horizons and easily couldve dusted some quail hunter on the other side making them think someone was after them.

I cant beleive that even made the news. Stuff like that happens every day.

BTW if it was illegals I wouldve welcomed a friendly exchange :)

Seemed kind of vague to me. How do they know its was illegals? They obviously werent trying to hit anyone or the truck wouldve been plucked at the minimum. Ive seen a lot of jackasses target shooting on horizons and easily couldve dusted some quail hunter on the other side making them think someone was after them.

I cant beleive that even made the news. Stuff like that happens every day.

BTW if it was illegals I wouldve welcomed a friendly exchange :)

I completely agree this could have been anything. I was in 36b for more than a week, I only saw 1 drug smuggler and he has only carrying a handgun :P

I was completly

scared to death the whole time I was there. In a week we only saw 2 does the hunting was horrible I will never hunt that area agian.

Just spent all last week in that area. Filled 2 of 3 tags and saw a record low of illegal activity compared to what our group has witnessed in the past.

I have said it before on this forum - just because you were luucky doesn't mean its safe

wouldnt be suprised if it was some drug runners i know two guys who on different occasions have seen and one held at gun point by mexicans in full tactical while a train of 30+ others walked buy packing bails. i wouldnt be supprised if they shot to ether scare or kill them to eleminate the risk of the shipment being caught.

Sorry dude but I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this one... Holds them at gunpoing then lets them walk? Doesnt sound likely to me. And for it to happen twice? Someones pullin yer leg.

Just spent all last week in that area. Filled 2 of 3 tags and saw a record low of illegal activity compared to what our group has witnessed in the past.

I have said it before on this forum - just because you were luucky doesn't mean its safe

I never said it was safe. I've had my fair share of encounters. To me, that's the chance you take in the border units. Is it worth it for some people? Probably not. To each his own I guess.

Your right its not safe now if people would stop putting in for the hunt I might get a Dec. TAG !!! JUST SAYIN

I just figured out WadeNAZ folks! He is pulling the old reverse psychology on us rednecks and suggesting we never hunt down there and "there are no deer there anyways" so's he can create his own honey hole or maybe open his own drug store off ElkHorn Ranch Road maybe! :rolleyes: :o :lol: :D :unsure: ;)

dang you figured me out. Seriously though. this article is vague. it could have been Smugglers, Rancher, or even another Deer hunter ticked off that these guys came in quail hunting in the area he was in. But the fact remains this unit along with other units has dangers that need to be considered and thought out. Tread in the field with caution and be on the lookout, make sure you have protection and when possible hunt with a partner and camp in large groups. If you see an armed bandido (trust me it happens) then move away from the area undetected if possible. Get to know the BP folks in the area and make sure you have their # to report activity.

wouldnt be suprised if it was some drug runners i know two guys who on different occasions have seen and one held at gun point by mexicans in full tactical while a train of 30+ others walked buy packing bails. i wouldnt be supprised if they shot to ether scare or kill them to eleminate the risk of the shipment being caught.

Sorry dude but I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this one... Holds them at gunpoing then lets them walk? Doesnt sound likely to me. And for it to happen twice? Someones pullin yer leg.

could be true in all honesty. but thats wat was said i do know personaly and have hunted with the guy who has seen them (not held at gun point) and have no reason not to believe him. but never know o well thats wat i have heard. i dont care ether way i will hunt where the big bucks are. i have never personaly saw any illeagal activity while in 36b (4 years) but im always watching and expecting the worst. this year we moved a little farther north and havent even seen trash.