Sign in to follow this  
Tines

Some first timers.....

Thought I'd share some youth hunters and their success this year. This was their first big-game hunt. And all of them had a great time.

This is Augie. Augie had been hunting for a couple of days and this is what his dad had to say:

We decided to split up so we could glass more of the country. No more than 5 Mins in i glassed up 3 bucks and some does. but for some reason they were looking down the canyon and very alert. they were not aware of our position but didnt like whatever was in the canyon.

I called PJ (Tines' brother) and told him where the deer were and he glassed them up fairly quick. With the deer on the move i figured it would be harder to get a 11 year old on them. as i watched the deer work their way over the mountain PJ worked his way over to me. We decided that the deer probably just went over and were pretty certain we could locate them again. once we made the hike around the mountain range we glassed awhile with only does located. PJ had to leave early so we said our good

byes and i decided to stay and glass from a point that gave a good veiw of the whole mountain range. As Augie and i sat there talking and trying to get some rest for the evening hunt. I just had to start glassing and to my surprise i glass up the small 3x2. All i could see was the top of his back and head since he was directly behind a rock. As i got Augie up and situated the deer got up and walked right behind the bush to his right, So i figured we had pleanty of time to wait him out. With Augie in the prone we waited 1 Hour and 15 Mins for him to get up. During that time we just talked about the shot and what he needed to do. At 1:29 the deer got up and Augie smoked him at 350 yards to claim his first of many to come. Funny how thoughts of hunting with my own father came to mind. I guess full circle came around.

The bedded buck

post-500-1292281698.jpg

post-500-1292281566.jpg

The next first timers were Jada and Brant (brother and sister). Jada got first shot because she was "born first", she said. These kids can SHOOT! Jada took her great buck at 250yrds with one shot!

post-500-1292281994_thumb.jpg

Brant came next and took his buck at about 200yrds. Awesome times with their dad too! Kids just need a chance, I think, and they'll be hooked. Take time out for the young ones, otherwise they "grow up" (the boys) and end up on your doorstep trying to date your daughter with pants that don't fit them. I'm still not sure which is worse, sagging pants or skinny jeans......

post-500-1292281791_thumb.jpg

SWEET! Wackin and stackin from a young age! Gotta love that! Keep them kids on the right track! And that is one good looking hat!

Way to go kids!

Trophy photos at such a young age are a thing to cherish.

They'll show em off even when they are 70 yrs old.

Congrats to all.