Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Rutting in Maricopa County

Went out yesterday for an afterwork hunt. Saw a 4x4 in the middle of 6 does 200 yards out. Looked to my left at movment and saw a doe with a 2x2 with his nose in her ( ; ) .... they look at me as I nock and arrow. No time to range, guess 45 yrd. Clean miss 2 inches under. :angry: the big buck and his girls took off when they saw me get my arrow.

On the way back home, buck and doe run across the road. Bucks makes across doe turns around. Buck turns around and I miss the buck by about 3 feet at 30 miles an hour. :rolleyes: 20 minutes after sunset.

Park a 1/4 mile away and start my stalk. I can see both deer, but can not make out any antlers at 60 yards. I was able to get to 22 yards and still could not make out antlers through the range finder. I justed needed 5 more minutes of light... :unsure:

Anyway. Will be chasing them again next week.

Good luck to all

I had about the same luck as you had a 4x4 with 3 does 60 yard up hill shot just went over his back 2x2 and spike trailing with 2 does all we together with the 4x4 first time I launched an arrow so still pretty pumped about it even though i missed but the rut sure is starting

Glassed this toad up yesterday all by himself, to bad i filled my tag in jan. I took pic with my cell thru 15's thats why its not clear.

post-2694-1292646365.jpg

post-2694-1292646446.jpg

Wow Ruthunter!! That is a nice buck.

Glassed this toad up yesterday all by himself, to bad i filled my tag in jan. I took pic with my cell thru 15's thats why its not clear.

I've got a tag, I've got a tag!!! :rolleyes: