CouesWhitetail

Sadie Anderson got a nice one!

We were running out of time... I checked my chart one more time. I wanted to make sure I was aiming correct. BOOM... not knowing where I hit my dad said, "you just missed high...." was this the beginning or was that my chance?

Who knew being stuck in traffic at 2:00 in the afternoon could lead to such an amazing deer! We left the house at around 1:00 packed for a 3 day adventure... Ate a little Whataburger for lunch on the road... not knowing and only wishing for a what was instore!

After parking, we started hunting. We hiked 50 feet before we saw a beautiful doe! She was alone and had no big bucks following her, but that’s ok. We continued to hike seeing A LOT of sign and A Lot of BIG tracks! But no deer. Once we hiked and hunted a couple of miles, we arrived at a really good glassing spot. I couldn't feel my feet. Every drainage we crossed had icy run-off flowing in it. One was deep enough we had to strip into our underwear to cross!!! OMG...

We quickly glassed a little 2 point buck and I passed him up. Then, we saw 2 does around 600 yards away. Continuing to glass we moved up about 20 feet so my dad could see a little better….While moving we saw 2 pigs. They were fighting and one was kicking the others butt! We watched them fight for what seemed like 20 min. It was such a cool sight!! It was starting to get late so while hiking out my dad decided to glass for a few minutes and found the ONE! My dad said "he was 600 yards!" Can I shoot 600 yards? He said "you know exactly what your rifle does and have hold over marks out to 630 yards, either you hit em or you miss em. What do you want to do?" So I got bagged up with my happy sock, (a sock filled with rice and corn for the butt of my stock) dropped my bipos and waited for him to turn. He just wouldnt turn! Finally, 10-15 minutes later I clicked off my safety... I checked my chart one more time. I wanted to make sure I was aiming correctly. BOOM... not knowing where I hit my dad said, "you just missed high.... where ever you aimed, lower it a bit." So I reloaded and found him again in the same spot. BOOM, I got em! He rolled HARD and got right back up. You could tell he was hit hard. BOOM! I got em again! He took a dirt nap! I couldn’t believe I got him from 600 yards away! I was still FREEZING!!!!!

We had a long night of packing so, my dad called his friend that lived in Cotton Wood to help us pack him out! He met us about a mile away from the deer… we didn’t waste any time, we got a good photo session and then gutted my buck. My dad carried the deer and his friend took the back with the my rifle! We got to the truck at almost 11:00 and debated if we were going to go all the way home or stay in Cotton Wood. We decided to stay and had a good nights rest!!

This was an amazing experience and I had a great time! I am very blessed... Thanks for everyone who helped. (Eddie, Matt, Scott and my dad) I love you all.

He broke about a 3" point when he rolled. Cant wait to go back and try to find it.

post-4435-1294012670_thumb.jpg

Wow! What a STUD buck! And great story to go along with it!!

Very nice Buck!!

Well done Sadie! That smile is worth a thousand words. It's great to see the young hunters having a good time in the outdoors. And a big thank you for all the tag donor's.!