Sign in to follow this  
AZBUCKEYE

PREDATOR HUNTING USEING Hand CALLS

WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A FOX PRO $$$$$$ BUT FOR NOW WILL DO SOME HAND CALLING WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE HOT CALL OUT THERE NOW.

And is it true with coyotes going into breeding season its tuff to call them in????????

The fun part of calling them in breeding season is that very rare you'll call a single coyot. They always come in pairs or more. Jack rabbit in distress works for me.

Ernesto C

all i got to say is les johnson's ruffi dawg is bad a$$ called 12 coyotes 1 day on thursday

+1

I like the primos still jackrabbit call it is easy to use and cheep but i don't recommend it for cold weather I use open reed calls when it gets cold, +1 on the wood calls

do they still make circe calls? i always did best with a circe magnum. i have big hands and the long barrel really fit me. as far as the sound, jackrabbit was always best for coyotes, bears and lions. seemed like cottontail worked best for bobcats and foxes. when i hunt coyotes i always howl with a diaphram elk call before i use the rabbit. it always seems to me that varmints and fish were a lot alike. sometimes everything works. sometimes nothin' works. sometimes just one particular thing in one way works. Lark.

Burnham brothes, primo's randy anderson line, verminator calls, any of these sound great! Try any distsress calls but durring breading season i have luck with coyote vocalization! try howling them in its a lot of fun and the males will come in looking for a fight!

get verminator or primos calls those are a bad couple!!! I called three coyotes within an hours time with the primos coaxer and verminator tweety call, They work fantastic.

Anything and everything.

My suggestion:

Take all these calls people are listing and make a list out of them.. Go to the store and buy the calls NOT listed. Dont wanna sound like every other Tom, Dick, and Harry out there calling coyotes.

If you are going to purchase your hand call at a local sporting goods store you will only be looking at the popular brands. Some of these are quality call that are easy to blow. Cheapest out there is the Tally Ho by Tal Lockwood, an Arizona resident. Great little call and at %5 you can't go wrong. The verminator series of call are nice calls and not very expensive either. The Psycho Tweety and the plain tweety are good. I think they have 2-3 more models out now at Sportsman's Warehouse. Les Johnsons Ruggy Dog is nice but expensive but comes with a DVD showing you how to blow it properly. Any of the Sceery calls are good quality. You should be looking at getting an open reed type as they are generally the loudest and easiest to blow.