Got back last night from half of my boys hunt. Tito scored first morning on this nice three point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/cra...buck2005007.jpg

Sunrise had us on top of a ridge glassing the flats for anything that was legal :(. We glassed a small fork that I could not put eyeguards on him for the life of me. So we had to let him go. We decided to head to a different vantage point before it got to hot. It was just a matter of time before were going to bed. Finally we glassed a nice four point feeding about 1500 yards away. We made a game plan to get closer. By the time we got to where he was everything looked different, I started glassing under the junipers just incase he had already bed down. Sure enough I glassed Tito's buck between two junipers deep in the shade. We made our way to exactly 302 yards. I told Tito that the shot was going to be have to made from here. He had a hard time finding the buck in the shade so I yanked out the 15's so he would know exactly how he was positioned. His breathing got a little heavier after seenig the buck bedded broadside to us. "OK boy, now you know where he's at, relax put the cross hairs behind the front shoulder and squeeze". :D It took him a while to get steady on the bipod but we had plenty of time, the buck didn't know we were there.

Finally he said OK dad here we go. Just relax son and squeeze :D BOOM Tito's shot was true. He shot right thru the top of the heart. This was a different buck than the one we had glassed but still a keeper :lol:

Now we have to go find Gabe one. To be continued!!!!!!!!

OH My Gosh!

That is a monster. It is so stinking tall! And the body is just plain huge!

Great Buck! Congratulations! :( :lol:

If that's a coues, I'm the president of PETA. You guys know PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals... :lol:

Great job Tommy.

Congrats to Tito. It is so awesome to see our youth out in the field ;)

I'll talk to you soon Tommy.

tommy,

so you're telling me I have spent all my hunting seasons with my eyes glued to binoculars, hiking the highest frigging hills i could find, and all I had to do was glass the flats for those ugly things!!! Man I need to re evaluate my hunting tactics, I guess that also means all those other little tiny deer with the large white tails were the wrong ones ;) :lol: notice I said large white tails, not antlers!!! Congrats to your boy!!!! AG

Nice deer. Does he have a broke arm too? Shooting a nice buck like that with a broke arm, now there is an accomplishment!! I know full grown guys who throw in the towel after little things like falling in cactus patches or almost steping on rattlesnakes. They would never leave the house with a busted arm to go deer hunting. Anyway about it congrats to you guys!

Bret M.

Brett...his arm is in a cast but it's not broke it's severly bruised. I asked him if he wanted to bail from the hunt, and he's like no freaking way!!!!!!!!!!! I can shoot with a cast on. :D

Gabe and I are headed out for the last day tommorrow. It's been tough lots of hunters. But I have one more ace up my sleeve. :D

Adam...I thought you already knew!!! hehe :D

Mike...glad to hear you and your dad had a good hunt. Unit 24 is hard for Rifle Coues. My buddy's son killed a 80 inch in there, by the DC lick. They were sitting a trail and he shot him at 40 yards. :ph34r:

DUDE... I am sitting her in the office(in MAINE) and I am thinking that the boys are getting BIG... It is stories and pics like this that make me think I should have kids.. BUT if the end up being losers it is your dang FAULT.. :lol: :lol: :o

Good Job..

J-