jwhunter

338 Edge

Finally got my Edge put together after 8 months. Going to break her in this weekend.

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

Looks great. Let us know how it shoots.

Is that a Ross brake.

I sure love my Edge. Finest rifle I have ever had in m hands.

How hard was it put that barrel on?

It's not that difficult. With a savage action just need a barrel nut wrench and a headspace gauge.

Yeah, I know it is a Savage and that a lot of people put their own barrels on. Was just wondering if the process is difficult. I have a Savage .270WSM that am going to start working on. Will probably change it to a 300WSM or 7WSM.

Once you get use to shooting it you'll be amazed how well that cartridge will shoot at long range (1000 +). I know I really love the way mine shoots!!! Congrats on the new gun. Looks like a real shooter!

Sry Desertbull misunderstood your question. It is a very easy process and its not time consuming. Yep thats a ross brake. The gun shoots really good, shooting 90 gr of H-1000 with 300 gr Bergers.

3 shot group:

IMG_6478.jpg

Don't recognize the scope, is it a Vortex maybe? Awesome looking weapon for sure, anxious to get my 30-378 back from a fellow CWT'er who is Duracoating it right now!

H-S Precision

I just got done building my edge by myself,it's not that hard and what a shooter,got it on paper and in 4 shot's it was .250 MOA,Thank god for muzzel brakes! Thanks JW yours inspired me to build one. Mine wieghs 11 lbs ready to hunt.

What load are you using in your edge? The reason I'm asking is I bought some new H-1000 and had to cut my loads from 93grs. to 90 grs. using 300 gr smk's. Vel 2845- 2858 giving me a 13 ES for 6 rounds.Just want to know if all H-1000 is hotter than the old batches.