Sign in to follow this  

greetings from halifax

so i'm up here in halifax nova scotia, eh. been here 2 weeks and it ain't been (or bean, that's how these guys say been) above freezin' in the whole time. don't get real cold, but it never gets warm. it's nice and sunny today, and about (or aboat) 20f. 30f is the warmest it's bean. snowed about 9 out of 14 days. not too much. aboat a foot, or 30 cm, one time. several inches some other times. this plant is aboat 100 feet from the ocean. seals and stuff in the harbor (or hawbuh). they say there is an occasional minke whale, but i ain't seen one yet. a live 2lb lobster (or lawbstuh) is about 12 bucks from a street vendor. they say they'll be down around 5 bucks when the weather gets better and catchin' em is easier. one o' the ol' pipefitters has a lobster boat and he's gonna let me be the cabin boy for a weekend, when the weather gets better. should be fun. i never lobstered before. milk is $7.50 a gallon and gas is only $1.26. but that's per litre. hopefully we'll still be here when the atlantic salmon start to run too. seen a few whitetail run right through the plantsite the other day. haven't got to do too much exploring yet, but did get out saturday for a few hours and droov about 60 kilometers outta town to some place called musquodoboit hawbuh. little lobster fishin' village. this is jungle forest when you get outta town. anyway, i'm still alive. busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest. seen all about the big shooitin' in tucson. some o' these canuks are really big into gun control. but they play hockey. they say they don't like "violence" but beat others with sticks as a game. i see you knuckleheads ain't been fighting too much. maybe i'll try to keep up a little better so's as to maybe do some instigatin'. well, be good ya hosers, eh, Lark.

Thanks for the report from the Great White North. Glad you were able to check in. (In your absence, I've helped myself to some Lark wisdom for my signature. If it bothers you, just let me know.)

Thanks for the report from the Great White North. Glad you were able to check in. (In your absence, I've helped myself to some Lark wisdom for my signature. If it bothers you, just let me know.)

Should'nt it say "busted ripple bottle" :lol: Glad to here from you too Lark, keep us posted on your trip. ;)

this ain't no trip, it's an adventure. hey jimmer, there is a guy that i have to interface with here a lot that talks just like the real jimmer negamanee. and i can understand him. man, it is cold here again this morning. this wet cold right next to the ocean really goes through your clothes. there's a buncha guys from new brunswick. most of em speak froggish tho. this is a pretty cool place. it's good to know that canada has rednecks and hillbillys too. later, eh.

cabin boy ? More like a cabin big foot