Sign in to follow this  
wackycouesaddict

welder repair

So today while building a brush bar for my buddies truck my welder just shut off. its a just lincolin wire feeder a couple five ten years old not sure got it from my grandpa. never had nay issues with it before. like i said in the middle of a weld it just shut off and wont turn back on. i dont have much extra money but would be willing two trade labor for a repair and money for parts if they are needed. pm if you are interested or can help.

Tyler,

I'm assuming you checked the breaker that feeds the machine? Does the welder itself have a fuse? Not much help I'm sure but they are pretty simple machines. Good luck.

Kevin

welders have a duty cycle say it has a 20% duty cycle then you can only weld 2 out of every ten minutes at whatever amperage the duty cycle is rated at, you may have burned it up if you were working it harder than it is rated for.

Not to jack the thread. but my cutting torch quit yesterday. Still has a flame, but when you push the cutting bar, there is no change. Any ideas?

Either out of Oxygen or you need to clean your tip. Could also be a kink in your O2 line. If it is the tip, your tip is too close when you cut.

Jerry

Okay you guys I run a welding store in Globe and here is a place if anyone needs welding repair this is who we use.

Allstate Electric Motor Co.

6025 W. Monroe St.

Phoenix, AZ 85043-3513

PH 1-602-272-4190

Fax 1-602-233-0563

These people know their stuff. Give them a call and take your machine to them. Good luck.

It sounds like your PC board took a crap. It should be about 150.00 to fix it which is not bad considering the new 140sp lincolns go for 600.00 otd.