Guest Ernesto C

Mission acomplish in 36C

Guest Ernesto C

Hello my fellow members how are you?? I'm glad lots of you have great hunting time and succes.God bless all of you.

Did not hunt opening day cause I had to work.Had with me my brother Mario for the second year,trying to help him to harvest his first deer.Last year he never got a chance to pull the trigger on his 4 day hunt,but this year we were going to try to change his luck.

My first day to hunt was Saturday,sent my brother to a spot where I know most of the time has deer in it,I was highier tha him glassing and I let him know that there was a BIG buck walking towards him,he aim and.......................No I promise you not to make this post a "to be continue" post :D BOOOM he misted!!.

Sunday,Monday and Tuesday we hunted by the book,we went waaay up there and waaay out there were no people goes and guess what? we never saw a buck!! nothing but does but no bucks so I guess my book is totally wrong

I came out with the conclusion that the moon and the weather was not helping us at all because BOY IT WAS HOT!!! The bucks probably were feeding all night long and beeding down during the day because I glassed and glassed all day long and no antlers to be found.

Time to change the strategy: water we glassed close to water two days but nothing but does no bucks again.

By this time I was a little dissapointed and I remembered great hunters and living legends Scott Adams and Danny Howard (coueselk) Lord how come this guys they always make coueshunting look so easy?? I remembere the question my brother Mario asked my the first day we hunted "Ernesto,I dont care how big a buck I shoot,I just want a buck,any buck.How about you?? my response smiling was:- I want a big one,100 inch or better but of course the last day I'll shoot anything,you know I always take what the Lord gives me" Heck!!!!! by this time all I wanted to see was a buck,any buck!! :)

Wednesday we changed strategy again: hunted/glassed close to the roads.......glassed 3 bucks and 3 does practically together.Two of the bucks were ok but one was really good,maybe not a 100 but really close,it was a good buck! We backtracked and hike again and came above the deer,glassed for about 30 minutes looking for the big one but could not find it but this time I could not keep my brother off my back because the two smaller bucks were right on the open and he was desperate to shoot :) come on he told me they are going to walk away! - ok,ok I said calm down,aim for the one closer to us I said and then.......... BOOOM!! he misted but dropped the buck on its tracks on the second shot! at this moment I saw the big buck about 100 plus yards below the other buck toward the flats running toward a big wash,I said is now or never, BOOOM I misted and the buck went from 5 to 70 mph in only two seconds!! he dissapeared in the wash but because of the speed he was running I was afraid he will run over my fellow member Doug (RedRabbit) I'm sure that buck made it to Sonora in only 10 minutes :D

Went down to take a look at my brother's buck and he started doing some hip hop and polka polka dancing and singing. :D it was great! it was awesome!!

Thursday glassed two HUGE BUCKS waaayy over 100 inches but could never find them again later on.

Friday,our last day went back to the place I know usually holds deer (were we hunted Saturday) Glassed a buck,get close to him I aim and..................

"this story will continue after this messages: :D "

Hey Scotty boy what did you did to the deer? Where is all the deer? :)

Hey Doug RedRabbit did I push any deer in your direction? I was hoping you would push some in mine. :)

Ok back to the story again,like the Aerosmith song "back in the saddle again" :) find the buck feeding,took aim and BOOOOM droped the buck and the mountians in 36C herd my voice: THAAANK YOOUU LOOORRDDD Heehaww!!

Now why I said I to bad I'm not under 16 years of age?? Because otherwise I could wint the SMALLEST BUCK CONTEST :P Yeap believe it or not!!

We had a great time,great hunt full of everything and full of different emmotions and feelings................yeap just when you think you are alone the Lord is by your side.

God bless CWT.com and God bless all of you my fellow members. Thank You.

Ernesto C.

P.S. Why there is no pictures???? becuase the day before taking off to my hunt I took the battery out of the camera to charged,I wanted to make sure I had a fully charged battery and guess what???? I took the camera with my but left the battery home!!! I'm still kicking my self for that,so I only have 35mm pictures.

CONCLUSIONS: My book is not wrong it was just not the right strategy for the rigth time (it works better in January)

The bucks were in the flats...........not waaaay out there,not waaay up there.

P.S. #2 I conquered the highiest peaks in 36C..........all I need it was some cwt.com flags Amanda are you going to make some? they will work also to I.D. camps from fellow members.

Great story, Ernesto. I definitely herded those monster bucks your way, cuz I saw no monsters. Maybe you can arm wrestle Casey for teeniest buck honors. Be sure to send me your score sheet.

RR

Great story! I could feel the emotions just reading it! Congrats!

Good job Ernesto, that will make for some fine eatin'. Awesome story too.

Let us know how the flags turn out that would be a good idea for camp, maybe make them in the shape of a whitetail. :lol:

Guest Ernesto C

Thanks Danny, I appreciated.

Doug,this are the pictures I wan to be entered in the contest :lol: Good and Safe firearm handling,barrel pointing in a safe direction,coues on its natural habitat and no blood showing off.

Any one want to guess the score?? should we make a guess the score contest? :lol:

Ahhh I'm still having fun.....................hummm I cant taste those backstraps too Danny and then the Tamales and the birria (mexican dish) ummm I'm hungry now/

Ernesto C

Congratulations Big "E" :lol: :lol:

I thought I heard a faint "THAAANK YOOUU LOOORRDDD Heehaww!!" coming from somewhere wayyyy south of the valley last Friday, and i guess it must have you!

Really wish we could have seen you doing that hip hop polka dance too!

Any coues is a good Coues. Glad you and your brother both scored.

Congratulations!

Ernesto, I think your buck could eat Casey's buck!

LOL!

Great story and congrats on the deer! You deserve it!

Well I think a buddy of mine has you guys beat for the smallest. He shot a 3x3. Thats 3" x 3" spike. We 1st thought it might be a 4x4 but he had some ground shrinkage. :lol: :lol: He sure does taste good though.