AZKendog

New Mexico Muley

AZKendog,

Nice buck, congrats.

Looks like one of those "what if" bucks. Matching sides and he would have been in the toad catagory. Nonetheless good solid buck. Any story to go with the pics?

Very nice buck. I agree about the " What If " category. Sure is big nonetheless!

Congrats <_<

Very nice mulie. Lets here the story!

<_<

Here's the story - I glassed him up about 8:30 am feeding by himself, about 1000 yards away. Saw him go into a juniper and not come out. Debated with myself for a few minutes on how to sneak on him and finally decided the longest walk around the backside of the biggest mountain and to come at him from the top would be best (he was about 1/2 way up it). I took my time, hiked down from the top of his mountain to where I thought he was bedded (was by myself so a little harder to get the exact spot). He finally got out of his bed at 30 yards, turned broadside, I took the shot, he went 10 yards, and fell over. 10 am when I shot him.

What made it real tough was I was by myself, so I was never 100% sure which tree he was under, or if he would still be there an hour or so later. I was very lucky, but I've been unlucky a lot so I guess this evens it out. I knew what his basic rack configuration was when I glassed him, but his mass was better than I thought. His two point side has really good mass. Regardless, my biggest buck to date by far!!

A friend gross scored him at 146 or 149 (can't remember). Would have been pushing 180 if he matched the 5 pt side. Definitely a "what if" buck!!

Man nice buck, at least the side that has two is still very impressive. Very nice

Great story and a great accomplishment <_<

Spot him, stalk him and hammer him solo. It's a great feeling isn't it :lol: