Sign in to follow this  
AZ RANGER

Pack Rat in action

This was a busy little sucker before I finally caught him. It is amazing how much crap they can move in one night.

th_002.jpg

I noticed you had your hood cracked open, but the rat was still in there doing his work.

That is funny, because I've been places where they tell you to always leave you hood open overnight, so that rodents don't get in there and do their magic.

Yeah the open hood did not slow him down much. It helps if you put a light under the hood though, they like it dark.

Amanda I do have a lot of videos maybe ill play around with it sometime

Dirty rotten rats! They have caused more damage to our vehicles... The worst was when the neighbors dog chewed off our suv's sidewalls and half the bumper trying to get to 'em :angry: can you say $$$"ChaChing" $$$

A few weeks ago I drug an old CJ5 up to the house that had been sitting out in the back of the place for about 2 years. After opening the hood with the intention of getting it started, I realized that a whole platoon of packrats had been busy. I think they must have hauled every mesquite bean for two square miles into the engine compartment and shoved them down into the carburetor and any other orifice they could find. What a mess. I do love the video. Makes me want to get out the old Red Ryder and wait for them.

I had a stinken pack rat build a nest under my hot tub on my back patio. There were two of them until one day the breaker for the hot tub was tripped. Then there was only one left. There is a reason they call them pack rats. It was amazing what I found under there when I emptied it and flipped it up on its side. In fact I tried to set a trail camera up but didn't get any pictures of it.