luv2fish

Roosevelt Crappie 2/24/11

Fished for Crappie yesterday on the Salt End along the buoy line across from Schoolhouse. We caught 5 with the biggest weighing 2.46 lbs, all caught on BBC over 24 to 30 ft of water. I have attached a photo of the largest Crappie caught to show the size we have been catching over the past two weeks. It was caught on 2/15/11 and weighed 2.52 lbs. Next week it should really take off. Good luck, and keep your bait wet...........LeRoy

post-4579-0-29595000-1298649239_thumb.jpg

post-4579-0-11509500-1298649262_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the report LeRoy. Those are some dandy crappies.

Brian

Thanks for the heads up LeRoy. Now I 'm gettin the itch I think I might have to scratch it a bit in the next couple weeks. :D

Leroy: I've been seeing those spreader rigs on the fishing TV shows that hold from 2-4 rods. You ever try them? Looks like you are doing great as usual..keep us in the loop.

I am hoping to get to Alamo in the next couple of weeks.

Don Martin

Striper Hunters

Come on days off. :)

TJ

Time for a dumb dumb question. I have seen many crappie reports where they used a bbc or john deer. What are they?

Time for a dumb dumb question. I have seen many crappie reports where they used a bbc or john deer. What are they?

No question about fishing or hunting is dumb! These are colors of Kalin jigs, which along with acid rain, are the most productive for Crappie at Roosevelt and San Carlos. Black, blue, and chartreuse is bbc, and John Deere Green. Good luck, and keep your bait wet..............LeRoy

Thanks for the heads up LeRoy. Now I 'm gettin the itch I think I might have to scratch it a bit in the next couple weeks. :D

Leroy: I've been seeing those spreader rigs on the fishing TV shows that hold from 2-4 rods. You ever try them? Looks like you are doing great as usual..keep us in the loop.

I am hoping to get to Alamo in the next couple of weeks.

Don Martin

Striper Hunters

I think you're talking about Spider rigs, and no, Don, I don't use it. I am still using the setup I was using when I took you out. Since I do Bass and Crappie trips, that works best for me. Good luck, and keep your bait wet.............LeRoy