azhuntnut

elk sheds

I posted this over on the AZOD board, but thought it might interest some of you guys that don't check out that site. I sure would like to find something like this. David

This guy is selling a rack he found that was killed by another elk. If you look in the picture you can see where the other elk had broken his antler off inside of the skull. Now that bull must have had a splitting head ache. I doubt that bull is 340in. David

http://modzilla.com/horns.php

That's kinda cool lookin, but I would'nt give him 1500 bucks for it ;)

I agree, $1500 is waaaaaaayyyy too much. The sad part is that someone with lots of money that doesn't know any better will probably buy it.

I agree, $1500 is waaaaaaayyyy too much. The sad part is that someone with lots of money that doesn't know any better will probably buy it.

Yep...It will prolly end up at a rich guys summer home up in the moutains :D

I don't see 340"! Small G2's and G3's to reach 340". Probably added bases! What a character that guy is, seriously backwoods!!!!! He probably could talk his brother Darrel or his other brother Darrel in to selling a couple of there cars parked on the front lawn to buy it from him for that much money, telling them it was killed by a magical unicorn that left part of it's horn in it! That's wild! JIM

Yea looks like a decent bull! Thats a cool find, but not a 1500.00 find!!! LOL You can get 380 class bulls for 1500.00 on EBAY

Pretty cool and I might give him a call. $1500 sounds fair, but he better have another set just like it cause 2 I want more than 1 :blink:

Sounds like a lot. But in 1989 me and a friend found a bull that scored 360". We sold it to a lady in Sedona for $850.00. A week later she called and said she had sold it to some people in New York for $1,700.00 and ask that ifwe had any more sets of antlers she would buy them from us. We ended up shipping 5 sets too New York and all for over $1,500.00 we payed shipping. So it may sound high but somebody gauranteed will buy it. If not just for there dental office in some city

Buckhorn

I swear to God that Ernie McMinamin (RIP), from Cornville, found that rack in 9 about 10 years ago. NO S*#T!

Buckhorn, you still have that lady's number?

Josh,

Next time I'm next door to your dads (Alvin & Valda) I'll give him the phone numbers. Or atleast the shop in Sedona that she owned.

Buckhorn

That would be great! It's gotta be the same bull though. That just can't happen to often.

Josh,

Do you remember Zach Wolf? His mother owned the shop next to Custard Last Stand @ 1986. She was the one that turned Aaron P and me onto selling to the shops in Sedona. I remember my first year selling brown horns I had 1,000 pounds and made good money. The next year we found @ 750 pounds and made awesome money because we found a few bulls that had died during rifle season and sold them in Sedona. those where the good days when we found sheds all the way up the road trailing cattle from winter to summer ground on the M Diamond and V-V. I sure miss those days.

Buckhorn