Sign in to follow this  
makaio333

Sight, rest, release, and stabilizer, and quiver on a budget!

I'm looking to get back into archery but i was wondering what some you out there are using for a nice bow setup without ripping a hole in your wallet. i know you get what you pay for but just want to know what people like as far as sights, quivers, releases, rests all ranging in the $50 and below range. Thanks in advance!

In most cases you get what you pay for. But for a guy wanting to "get back into archery" I am sure that you find many upgrades even in the cheaper lines compared to what you might have used last time you were into archery. I noticed that Jeremy at Chasin' A Dream Outfitters tries to carry a some budget type items as well as the high end stuff for the very reason that some folks just want to get their feet wet. For example I wanted to put an Axcel site on my Wife’s new bow (like I have on mine) but he (and my wife) talked me into a probably the best "hunter class/budget" sight I have seen many of my buddies use it and my wife also loves it. I guess my point is... You can go to BP or SW, or Cabelas, or shop on line, but are not getting the knowledge and professional support that you do at a pro-shop. They can tell you what works based on your needs and skill level if you let them. In the end a good proshop wants your repeat business so they are more likely to work harder to find the right products for you, even if that means ordering in something else vs. selling you something off the shelf... MSRP is MSRP... you will not find much difference in prices anywhere you go, but the customer service is never the same as it will be in an owner/operator shop Like Chasin' A Dream Outfitters or any of the other Hoyt/Mathews proshops that I have been into.

:rolleyes: Sorry... got long winded. :P

if you want to deal with the classifieds on ArcheryTalk.com they great stuff on the cheap. other than that some archery shops around town might have the budget stuff in stock for you to look at. let us know what your looking for in accessories maybe we have something laying around.

i recently bought my first bow from archery headquaters. I was on a budget one they worked with me and got me out the door for $515 with arrows and a pse bow set up. I have been shooting the piss out of this bow and its holding up great.