Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

lets pretend

you have $1200 to spend a new archery set-up, what would you get and why? i plan on saving up and buying a new bow at the sunrise shoot.

PSE Dreamseason EVO, 70lb limbs

between carbon express blue streaks, easton FMJ, and PSE's radial X-weaves

stick with my spott hogg SDP

rest, probably Ripcord code red, havent thought much about this tho.

stick with my octane stabilizer.

Can't go wrong with that set up...My brother just got the EVO it is a sweet shooting bow for sure! smooth, fast, quiet, no vibration...But if it were me I would get the Omen

Every manufacture out there is making a great bow now a days.... shoot them all, $1200 is a lot of money you dont want to be dissapointed. With that being said the Mathews Monster is a great choice.

One more thing to consider. Huntersfriend.com from time to time has fantastic package deals. I got my dreamseason from them fully loaded for the same price as the bare bow at PSE. You can then take it into PSE or I would recommend Bull Basin, and pay them a couple of bucks to go over it and make sure you are all tuned up. Good chance PSE will do it for no cost, if you buy some broadheads or something while your there. Huntersfriend will also allow you to customize the components that come on their package deals by covering the differences, if any. Best advice is shoot everything, wait a little while, shoot everything again, and continue until you are 100% settled on your decision. It is a lot of cash to drop, and you don't want to wake up the next morning second guessing your decision.

cool, thanks for all the tips guys. and thanks for that website hammy, i checked it out, it looks like they have some great deals

Well, I went to the PSE warehouse on Friday and shot the new Dreamseason EVO 70# limbs and i will be going back next week to purchase one and have it set up with the following:

QAD Ultra-Rest Pro HD (Carry over)

Spott Hogg SDP with Hogg Wraps (New)

PSE Radial X-Weave 300 (Carry overs)

Quiver (Not sure if i will keep my current PSE 2-piece 8 arrow)

G5 Meta Peep 3/16" peep sight

Stabilizer (Not sure)

Well, I went to the PSE warehouse on Friday and shot the new Dreamseason EVO 70# limbs and i will be going back next week to purchase one and have it set up with the following:

QAD Ultra-Rest Pro HD (Carry over)

Spott Hogg SDP with Hogg Wraps (New)

PSE Radial X-Weave 300 (Carry overs)

Quiver (Not sure if i will keep my current PSE 2-piece 8 arrow)

G5 Meta Peep 3/16" peep sight

Stabilizer (Not sure)

The EVO is one sweet bow. You should head down to Bull Basin and get that bow there, they had two hanging on the wall this saturday on "Hoyt Day" and they are now a sponsor of this site. I believe it is also $50.00 cheaper there than the pse proshop.