Sign in to follow this  
Chef

Grilled Rack of Lamb

Every Easter I enjoy having a "throw down" of sorts grilling up one of my all time favorites.

New Zealand lamb rack! I love to make different rubs and sauces and really enjoy the juicy, fatty, gamey flavor that lamb carries.

This year was no different and I grilled plenty over mesquite.

I rubbed some with a chipotle/garlic paste, some others in a masala/yogurt marinade, and others in mint/rosemary/garlic marinade.

For the sauces I had a mint yogurt sause for the masala, and a tamarind chiltepin chile sauce for the others.

They came out great as always and of course I followed the "10 minuet rest" rule before slicing!

post-67-0-63938400-1303875829_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-69811900-1303875896_thumb.jpg

post-67-0-72406500-1303875891_thumb.jpg

Even my long time companion had a good Easter!

post-67-0-28697800-1303875859_thumb.jpg

Man chef your killing me over here just want to grab a bite right off my screen cool to see your buddy had a feast too. I have 2 chihuahua's my self

How the heck am I going to loose any weight if you keep this up? Enough is enough! :angry: Just kidding hector of course. :lol: You just keep all the cooking post coming and have you ever thought about maybe having a cooking show? You could video it with different cwt members in each segmen and post here for our viewing enjoyment. God that looks great. You didn't threaten that little buddy of yours, to eat it or else, at knive point did you? That's mean Hector. :huh:

TJ

Wow Hector, that looks AMAZING!

The first and second pictures really are awesome... The 3rd, well I dont know theres just something in it that isnt quite sitting right with me, but the food looks good!

Chef, that looks incredible. Where do you buy your rack of lamb? The grocery stores in Flagstaff leave a lot to be desired when it comes to lamb. Especially full racks.

Thanks!

Chef, that looks incredible. Where do you buy your rack of lamb? The grocery stores in Flagstaff leave a lot to be desired when it comes to lamb. Especially full racks.

Thanks!

Costco has excellent racks, but they ain't cheap.

That's correct, on one account.

Costco had New Zealand lamb rack for $14.99/lb, this is what I bought.

AJ Fine Foods had American lamb rack for $34.99/lb.

Von Hansens had Austrailian rack of lamb for 24.99/lb, frozen.

I recommend any of the three. Lamb is pulling an all time high right now as are a lot

of other commodities. American lamb has a larger eye than both New Zealand and Australian lamb. Most of the lamb you have in restaurants is New Zealand farm raised lamb.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy food as much as I do.

Costco had New Zealand lamb rack for $14.99/lb, this is what I bought.

Hector,

I also indulge of one about once every two weeks. It's become one of my favorite meals to treat myself to when I get the urge. :rolleyes: