Sign in to follow this  
couesbowhunter1

Turkey in unit 27

Yep - My wife got one opening day of the early hunt.

turkey_2.jpg

Her first gobbler ever.

saturday mourning (eaarly hunt) heard 3 gobblers.. but once the sun came up they shut up....like they were coming in silently....sunday heard zero birds and saw one hen by hirself.

I got my butt kicked for 4 days up there last weekend. I hunted and called my butt off and the were silent all weekend. Worked a bird that was hened up friday morning and had some guys kill that chance. Sunday morning i got into a new area to me and found a bird. Worked him for over 2 hours and he was hung up at 150. So i made the decision to try and close the gap, well in that few minutes time he decided he had enough and needed to come get his hen. I took 10 steps and there he was at 80 years, BUSTED and then hunt was over. Should have waited, wont make that mistake again. Inbetween those encounters i hunted from the 249 all the way down to sprucedale. Nothing. Thinking of going back up this next weekend and trying to catch the tail end

We did well opening weekend. Called one in on Saturday morning and then another Sunday morning. They were not silent, both came in gobblin'

2011-04-23_10-38-12_386.jpg

2011-04-23_10-44-44_275.jpg

2011-04-24_07-23-44_317.jpg

Me and my buddy got a double on Fri. in 27. Birds were pretty vocal but the wind made it tough

Me and my buddy got a double on Fri. in 27. Birds were pretty vocal but the wind made it tough

congrats man where abouts were u if u dont mind saying

congratulations to all the unit 27 turkey hunters on here that got their turkey. Keep after it couesbowhunter1 and good luck if you get back out there. Keep us posted. :)

TJ

congrats man where abouts were u if u dont mind saying

Couesbowhunter I sent you a PM.