Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Just a pic

Guest Ernesto C

Nice couesfanatic,did you get him with rifle or bow?tell us the story.Thank you.

Ernesto C.

I got him with a rifle. Well, opening morning my dad and I set up and glassed on a ridge only to find a few does and too many hunters. We hunted in the same area down a ridge or two that evening. We had about the same results. The next morning we decided to hunt a different area we had found while scouting. Before light we climbed up on the end of a ridge to glass a huge valley area. We glassed for about 25 minutes and didn't see much but a few trucks. All of a sudden 300 yards away there were two does moving through the ocotillo. We watched them for a minute and then went back to glassing. I was glassing and my dad looked back at the does. The does were gone and this buck was standing there looking at us ready to bolt. I got the gun ready and took the shot. We only needed one shot and he was down. A good ending to a father and son hunt. :)

What area? How long ago? Spending the time/hunt withyour father plus a great coues, doesn't get any better!!

:D

You really can't beat a father and son hunt no matter what size buck or whether or not you kill. That's a buck to be proud of. He probably made it through a lot of hunting seasons before you took him down.

Scott